Did the moderators go on holiday?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

if you are planning to have a new mod, i suggest everyone works to make a list of the people who are best fit for the job,

These people need to know how to work with the forum software, Moving posts, Deleting spam Etc Etc.

I’m quite confident that the mods know what a new mod would need. This forum has been around for some time and they’ve done fine without any of our help. Give them time to get things worked out.

Actually finding a new moderator is not as easy as you think, apart from the fact that they need to know how to work forum software, they need to be available most days of the week for an hour or 2 and they need to be trustworthy because depending on how mods permissions are set a rouge moderator can do a fair bit of damage to the site by deleting posts Etc.

There are 4 or 5 people at most here that are, willing to put in the time, can work with the software and have been around the site long enough to be trusted.

Normally a mod nominates a member for promotion and only the mods and admin vote on that member.

I don’t need to know any of this but I just bet you the current mods already do and will do a fine job of getting the right people on board. I wish them luck!

These people need to know how to work with the forum software, Moving posts, Deleting spam Etc Etc.
yeah i know that, but you forgot that they must also use the freshwater and the saltwater forums as a moderator.

I tried to post a thread three days ago and it still hasn't showed up.
There are no threads awaiting moderation so there is no reason that it shouldn't be on the forum. Only first posts are moderated so we don't get spam. Thereafter they just show up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back