🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MXPX4318

Fishaholic
Reaction score
so I ordered it 3 days ago and it's already here:
IMG_1458.jpg
IMG_1456.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg

fishies lights have been out for 3 hours before I got home to open it so before and after tank shots will come tomorrow :)

Phillip

Nice, is it twin bulb? and could you tell me the dimensions like how thick, how tall etc! :)

I paid much less then 100 bucks, I paid 48.50 plus 14.55 shipping (UPS ground insured (got here from florida (I'm in NC) in 3 days)) so total was 63.05 to my door :).

dimensions are 24" long 5" wide 2.5" tall. EDIT: no it's a single pc 65watt bulb (bulb has two tubes but it's considered one bulb, they (coralife) also make a twin that's 130watts that runs about double the price of this one. :END EDIT

I just did a lot of cleaning on my tank and triming and filter changing so the water is kinda congested atm but as soon as it goes down I'll post pics of before and after shots (probably sometime tonight).

o yeah the ebay store I used is called "aquatic marvels" and I highly recommend them (may not respond to e-mails but price and shipping time can't be beat.).

Thanks,

Phillip

alright so as stated before I got a new PC light for my 20g so here's before light (and some triming of moss lol):
IMG_1327.jpg

and here's after:
IMG_1464.jpg

I'm very happy and I'm sure my plants are (not sure about the fish though lol)

WOW! what an improvement! Fantastic mate!

Thanks for those dimentions, im off to measure my hood! :thumbs:

Congrats on the tank once again! :)

hopefully by the end of the week guppygrl :) yeah I'm afraid of algea, hopefully rubbernose can help with that a bit and I'll be cleaning glass reguarly. also thinking of getting new plants to replace a lot of these but gotta see how it goes and what my creative mind can think of.

thanks for looking,
Phillip

Wow!!! :hyper: , thats a beautiful difference in your tank!, did the light fit on the hood, or is it suspended?, And Speaking of Algae, is their anything you can do about the really thick algae that grows on the hood glass? or do you just have to keep scraping it?

never had a thick algea on hood problem (yet) but I don't figure anything other then scraping is going to help. my "hood" is acctually two sheets of plexi I cut and hinged together (get shots of it later) and then I just laid the light on top of that (light is exactly the length of tank so ends sit on plastic and have about a .5-1cm gap between light and plexi but I'm thinking of getting legs for the light so it'll be suspended above tank and look more showy.

Phillip

yeah before it was nice but the darker effect was a BROWN lol that was due to the browning water sprite in the back (which all got trimed out) and the algea or something or other all over the hornwort that made it look brown (which all got cleaned off). I like the green too but it's almost too much so I'm thinking of getting rid of the hornwort and replacing it with some sort of rotala (sp?) or red ludwiga to get another color in there. Don't worry any changes will be sure to draw a picture so you won't miss what it looks like next.

Phillip

Most reactions

trending

Back