Desperate for help - mass burst on dwarf gourami

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

No, Melafix won't do anything to a bad bacterial infection. The fish has a bad bacterial infection that has gone through the side of the fish. If the fish isn't dead yet, it will be in a few days and having a big hole in its body allows more disease organisms into the body where they can affect the organs.

No, Melafix won't do anything to a bad bacterial infection. The fish has a bad bacterial infection that has gone through the side of the fish. If the fish isn't dead yet, it will be in a few days and having a big hole in its body allows more disease organisms into the body where they can affect the organs.
Ok thanks but would Melafix help stop bacteria infection before it got so bad as to eat through a fish's body, the first time a bacteria infection is suspected.

Probably not. Any bacteria that lives inside the body and can eat its way out is not going to be affected by Melafix, salt or much else besides anti-biotics. Even then it depends on the strain and species of bacteria.

Probably not. Any bacteria that lives inside the body and can eat its way out is not going to be affected by Melafix, salt or much else besides anti-biotics. Even then it depends on the strain and species of bacteria.
Wow how can a bacteria like that be stopped or prevented?

UPDATE: Here is a picture of Riptide- he is looking and acting phenomenally. I did daily water changes and changed from melafix to polyguard. I have levamisole and Flubendazole and will be starting treatment for the cammalanus worms within the next few days just incase they’re any left.

Attachments

• 93D4446F-9497-4DA5-BA0D-FB6129BDC5DC.jpeg
    93D4446F-9497-4DA5-BA0D-FB6129BDC5DC.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 92
I would really like to keep some information about how you did this for future reference. So please post that here, kinda in a step-by-step, with how many water changes and how often.

Most reactions

trending

Back