Describe Something That You Would Absolutely, Just Refuse To Eat.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
But is cheesy peas not just Matar Paneer ?? which is really quite yummy and one of my favourite Indian side dishes.

For me it would be:
Snails (escargot - dress in whatever fancy name you wish) :sick:

Offal :sick:

Tomatoes, I HATE them in sandwiches, except BLT which is different for some unknown reason

Yep - love tomatoes in a salad, but on a sandwich or in chunks on a pizza :sick: even BLT's they get picked out.

Boiled carrots - especialy the mini ones as whole :sick:
Fresh carrot - yummy :)

Ahh durian. Smells like hell, tastes like heaven (as we locals refer to it :lol: ). That's my fave fruit of all time!

Ehm ok, things I would absolutely refuse to eat...eyeballs soup (I don't want my food to stare at me while I'm eating it :rofl: ) and uhh... this specialty called soup number 5! (bull gonads soup).

Where you from?

And on the topic of eyeballs...ugh. Some people here consider eyeballs as a delicacy. Not me!

P.T.

Excuse me, can we just go back to where someone said they ate a giant moth....I think we have a winner.

Also like to send up a big hurl for marrow, aubergenes(sp), mushrooms AGAIN, call it what you like - it's nasty, my mothers egg & mushroom cream (can of mushroom soup, served in a cup, with a hard boiled egg sliced in the bottom and some grated cheese) YUCK - I remember her chasing me all over the house with that trying to make me eat it with a spoon and me crying because there was NO WAY IN THE WORLD that I was eating it.

I'd rather eat my mothers egg & mushroom cream then a giant moth though. I think.

For me:

Anything griselly/flabby (bacon has to be cremated)
Any fish that tastes of...well...fish. Exception being fish 'n' chip shop fish.
Pork - tastes like pigs strangely enough.
Offal with the exception of decent smooth pate.
Blue cheese (with the exception of cooked eg. stilton soup) or goat's cheese.

I'll add to this most likely. I'm really very food phobic for such a fatty.

I'd eat anything that is safe basically, well I woudln't eat human brains (yes there was a guy who did this, now in prison). I wouldn't eat any meaty things raw, and I also wouldn't eat fat. You could ask me to eat some food, and even if I find it revolting i'll still eat it, to prove a point that it's edible.

Neal

This topic is old but I had to reply! It's such a good topic.

I eat many of the things listed here a lot haha. :( Tomato + avocado sandwiches are divine; mushrooms are amazing- earthy, meaty, and aromatic; liver is good; raw or cooked fish and also fish eggs are good; pickled things are actually one of the first forms of preserved foods and are also delicious; Marmite isn't bad- a bit bitter, but it has a complex flavor; et cetera on the weird foods!

I would eat many things, I'm not afraid of odd foods. I have an iron stomach, it's my Polish side. I've eaten some dumb things before too hahaha. Wild mushrooms, wild Queen Anne's Lace root, dandelion, etc. My epicurean curiousity will get me into trouble some day.

I do refuse to eat some things. I get nauseous at the smell of canteloupe, and even though I've tried before, I can't seem to enjoy octopus. Crayfish are too weird looking (though their cousin lobster is delicious). Philadelphia sushi rolls are vile.

I'd eat most organs besides perhaps the eyes. Eyes in food are just weird.

Some foods that some people find gross but I LOVE:

escargot, I used to like it when I was small, now I'll eat it but only if I had to.
sushi, YUMMMM! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I know that this is a fish site, but I love fish, both cooked and alive!
I have just read that some people consider olives and oyster bad, but I love green olives and fresh oysters!
I know most people like tacos, but my family hates them and I'm the only one to stop by at Taco Bell!
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Spinach, it's not one of my faves but I guess it is good...
Mushrooms, these and carrots are my favourite foods in the veggie category. But I tasted a raw button mushroom for Thanksgiving and I almost threw up :sick:
octopus, the tentacles are my faveourite parts :D I know I'm gonna make a lot of people sick saying that :D

That's probably not all, but I can't think of all of them now...

My hated foods:

any kind of stomachs,
pig ears, nose, feet,
anything with a lot of fat on it I can almost barf thinking about that white sticky stuff sticking on it...
mushy carrots,
again, raw mushrooms,
frogs! My dad actually ate one!
Spiders, my brother told me about a show where this guy cooked a tarantula and it turned pink and bubbly :sick:
black olives,
icing! It just makes me sick at the thought of it! :sick:
Chocolate cake! WAY too sweet for me!
dark chocolate, its just so bitter :sick:

I'm not sure if that's all, but I think so...

First on the list would be peas, just the mere smell is enough to make me hurl. After that I'd have to say oranges (the peel and pith gives me really bad headaches, yet I can drink orange juice fine), eggplant, asparagus, squash, cooked mushrooms, (raw are ok but I don't like them cooked) tripe and marrow. I haven't tried eggplant or asparagus but think they'd be bloody awful to be honest. I eat pretty much anything else (food-wise, the obvious ones don't really need a mention :lol: ) and am willing to try anything at least once (even the aforementioned eggplant and asparagus, although I doubt I'd like them).

poop

I have eaten live crickets before though, they have no taste, but their exoskeleton gets stuck in the back of your throat, and is really chewy.

Edit- Marshall.., they actuallly had to eat that on fear factor before!

poop

I have eaten live crickets before though, they have no taste, but their exoskeleton gets stuck in the back of your throat, and is really chewy.

Edit- Marshall.., they actuallly had to eat that on fear factor before!
I remember eating that cricket, we did that at my house.

I won't eat peanut butter, I have a bad reaction to it.

Worst thing I have eaten where fresh non-cooked Conch!
conch.jpg
:sick:

I'm one of those stupid vegans, so there's a whole mess of stuff I wouldn't eat. :lol:

But, just as far as foods I can't take? Yogurt (or for me, soy yogurt) with fruit chunks - especially strawberry - makes me gag. They remind me of sloughed uterine tissue in consistency and appearence, which freaks me out to no end. That, and slimey chunks of anything floating around in an otherwise-smooth food is fricken nasty.

I also have some trouble with pretty much anything greasy. The feeling of the grease in my mouth and on my lips makes me nauseated, and anything fried wreaks havoc on my digestive tract anyways. I eat quite a lot of bland and whole foods out of choice, and they've left me indisposed to eating excessively fatty, greasy, sugary, and over-seasoned foods.

Funny side note - in the past, I've eaten quite an array of species, including bison, crocodiles, (cooked) crickets, (cooked) meal worms, squid, ostrich, etc. and I must say, the only one that grossed me out was Squid, and only because of the consistency. Meal Worms are actually tasty when baked or roasted, as are crickets (though the heads are bitter). Wouldn't eat cooked hissing cockroaches though; even back then, I couldn't stomach eating something I keep as pets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back