Dentists

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MBOU

Recovering LFS Worker
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Arrrrgh

I dont know why I do this to myself!! I'm so scared I've been sick twice now! Like that's going to help!

I feel like I have been kicked in the face... Shattered one lower tooth, filling fell out the one above it and my wisdom tooth is now so far jammed into my jaw muscle I can't open my mouth!

I have a thing about people going near my face or mouth at the best of times... Last time I was doped on Valium... Mind you... That was the dentist that no longer exists but they are the ones that shattered my tooth in the first place.

Oh god I need to go now....

I'm such a wimp :(

I had it last year, it just calms you down, I've got a filling next week, wooop.

Take your iPod/MP3 player with you and just drown out the noise, it helps to take your mind away from what's going on.

Ask them for something to calm you down before you go next time.

really? I've had two fillings since my 'trip' and it was straight to the injections, no gas.....gutted!

The gas wasn't to knock me out, I still had local anaesthetic, it's not the needles that bother me it's the drilling, they put this thing over your nose and give you a combination of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen as it relieves anxiety, not enough to render you unconscious though.

The gas wasn't to knock me out, I still had local anaesthetic, it's not the needles that bother me it's the drilling, they put this thing over your nose and give you a combination of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen as it relieves anxiety, not enough to render you unconscious though.
Entonox - same stuff they offer labouring women ;)

I don't mind the dentists... apart from the fact that my teeth are horribly sensitive :crazy: but I totally get why some people don't like it.

Never had a filling though...

I'm fine with the dentists except the fact I have this one tooth that strangely enough has a nerve connected to my right hand and whenever it's touched my right hand tingles. It's weird.

Alsonever had a cavity. Hoping I won't for a while. My dads first was when he was 40 so I'm hoping I have his teeth.

Ok so it wasnt *too* bad... this time... just about stoped trembling 2 hours later...

Its not the dentists that scare me so much... nor the injections as after refusing injections as a teen and went ahead... i will ALWAYS opt for injections now lol. It hurt so much i fainted.

Its the whole.. bah.. its a mental issue with people being so close to me. PTSD and all that. But i dont have anyone i trust enough to come with me. Parents saidim a complete wuss anyway.

Im on Amoxycillin and Metronidazole for a week and will have to go back (oh noes!!) to have two wisdoms and my shattered tooth out. And aparently i dont have a cavity or anything, just sore gums where i've been worrying at it.

Argh... got meself a new book and nice coconut and chocolate yoghurt as a treat.

Oh, I abosutely despise dentists! They poke with sharp metal around in your mouth and then if they accidentally stab you in the gums or tounge, they're like "It wouldn't hurt so much if you flossed more" :grr:

I have a weird condition in were I have little to no tooth enamel, leaving my teeth really white, but super sensitive and getting cavities allllllllllll the time. They always go for injections.......that's not the worst though, the sound of them drilling your tooth vibrating through your head is agonizing! I also had a frenectomy of my upper lip and under my tounge........they didn't put me under, just injections, and nothing is more horrifying than seeing a doctor put scissors and scalpels into your mouth....I was 10 :X

I have dental fluorosis so I'm forever getting chips, pits and cavities, it's so annoying, as well as having disgusting mottled teeth, I can't wait till I can afford to get veneers, they say that putting fluoride prevents cavities, but increasingly more children are getting Fluorosis, the benefits of Fluoride addition aren't all they're made out to be.

My advice is make your kids drink bottled or filtered water and make sure they swallow any toothpaste.

Ahhhhaaaa I gout caught eating a tube of toothpaste once when i was like 5 :good: I always had to use that Milky Teeth toothpaste that looks and tastes like... urgh... magnolia paint lol.

Got a strawberry toothpaste that tasted so good i ate it :whistle: I was hungry ok!?

I know i have had all sorts of problems, i have really soft teeth, my dentists were always saying i brush my teeth too much (twice a day) because my teeth are wearing badly and leaves them open for cavities etc.

I also had really deep back teeth, all my crown teeth were filled with something like the white fillings... when i was about 10. No drilling or anything, just filling my teeth in.

Urgh i hurt so much :( they said it will take 2-3 days for antibiotics to work (which dont make you feel great ither!) and to just take paracetamol. Bah... parrotseatemall. Dont do anything but rot your stomach.

Strepsils work great as a numbing treatment lol. Dentist just laughed at me.

Never Been bothered about dentist visits, I recently had two fillings and it was all fine except the numb feeling both sides of my mouth :crazy: and the fact as he was moving the syringe from one side of my mouth to inject the other side he dripped some anesthetic onto my tongue tasted revolting :sick:

Urgh i hurt so much :( they said it will take 2-3 days for antibiotics to work (which dont make you feel great ither!) and to just take paracetamol. Bah... parrotseatemall. Dont do anything but rot your stomach.

Strepsils work great as a numbing treatment lol. Dentist just laughed at me.
Try Ibuprofen and Paracetomol in a combination, works wonders.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back