Demomansi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

One_Trick_Pony

Steals the show
Reaction score
Guys,
as some of you have seen i am starting up a Malawi tank, I originally intend to keep salousi, but was then told i had enough space to keep a number of demomansi, around 12-15 and that this was enough to keep the aggression spread esp if I only had 1 or 2 males.

i still was torn between the 2, but the price I have found Salusosi for a higher then I can really afford, and i was now wondering as to the Apx price of demonsi (once i have prices i can decided and bother you all with a hundred more questions about them!

Around London where I live they are about the same price. £10.00 each or 3 for £25.00. I know its expensive but they are great fish and very healthy.

i sure if you go into your LFS shop and say your after about 15 they should sort you out a very tidy discount for CASH :shifty:

How bigs the tank??? Yes this is true demasoni species tanks do and can work out great and as you have said 1 or 2 males only is a good idea. The best thing to do is to go to your LFS and look at prices i mean at mine it is £12 for 1 but at yours it could be another price. If it turns out that the prices are as high and what i pay ask for a bit of discount as you are buying such a large number of the fish :shifty: HTH

Edit: DAMN you ASH you beat me to it.

Thanks guys,

and Ginge, the tank is 33 us gallons....if peopel think this is not big enough yell out and i will reconsider futehr

maybe they will be a nice meber who lvies near me and has some fry for sale

Pete

I personally wouldn't do a Demasoni species tank in anything less than a 55 gal, these guys need room to establish territory and do not like their own kind.

If you do decide to try it in your 33 gal, definately don't get more than 1 male.

i have PM'd you with a reliable source of Saulosis based near you for £5 per fish - hope it helps :D

Thankyou guys,

i think its tiem for a bigger tnak! i would love a demo spices tank!, to go with my salousi and bichardi ones!

If you can get hold of a 55 or bigger - i don't think you'd regret it, they are fantastic fish. Not very hardy though so make sure the tank is fully cycled before adding any. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back