Demasoni Chichlid?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Antoniakr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm doing work experience in My College's Animal Centre and they have quite a lot of fish which i like to take care of. Today i was cleaning the tank which has what i think are - Demasoni's. When everything was cleaned i noticed about 40 little fry in the tank, two parents protecting them, one was much bigger than the other so i'm not sure if that's a sex or age difference. 

I haven't measured the tanks but i think they're around 40 gallons, there is about 12 - 14 of these Chichlids in the tank. Is 40 gal big enough for that many adults + Fry? 

I'm not so sure what to do as i hadn't noticed the fry before. Is there any sort of special care they need? 

I'll try get a picture of them tomorrow, Thanks.

I hope all is well with the fry and you got the information that you needed. I would hope that the animal center had some knowledge of them. I remember when these guys hit the market. People were going crazy for them. If I remember correctly, diet is extremely important as too much animal protein will actually kill them. Even more so with fry. I could be wrong but the point is to know your fish and provide proper food and environment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back