"delete"

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mrV

Fish Herder
Reaction score
If i want to delete my own message, how do i do it? Or is it possible in this forum?

Remember where the Quote button is in the post. There should be two next to it, one to edit your post and another for delete.

(This is if I remember it right As an admin I can delete all posts.)

If not. In the bottom right. Click Report this post to a moderator. In the message window just ask them to delete your post and they'll do it straight away ;)

Yeah, I set it that ordinary 'members' can't delete messages. I did this because timewasters sometimes post things delete and then say they didn't post.

It is easy to add so if you want it it can be done. Perhaps more opinions?

why would you need to delete a post when it can be edited anyway? :eer:

i agree with wetwetwet, if you do make a mistake you can
edit it, i've done this myself several times.
slt :thumbs:  :music:

Editing your own posts should give enough flexibility for all members.

If one suffers from an "out of body" moment with a post, and desperately needs their reputation spared, contact a moderator immediately, we are here to help... :thumbs:

one or more of the mods are here all the time day and night. Let us know and we'll be more than happy to delete it for ya. Rose

Sorry to drag this up.. but a delete function would be incredibly handy...I was just looking for it now.

Yeah, I set it that ordinary 'members' can't delete messages.  I did this because timewasters sometimes post things delete and then say they didn't post.

It is easy to add so if you want it it can be done.  Perhaps more opinions?

This has been set this way for over eight years, and has proven over time to be the best way to run a family oriented forum.

Yeah, I'm with Tolak, and 2002-William. If anything, I'd advocate that posts shouldn't even be editable after a short amount of time -- 1 hour seems right to me. There have been many cases where someone posts something truly vile hoping the target person(s) will see it, edits it to clean it up, and then feigns innocence. I hate to say it, but this tactic has been directed at me. I quoted the message to make sure it stayed, but that's not foolproof either since you can edit quotes.

I'm on a forum where after 6 hours, a post cannot be edited. I really like it, and as above, I think 1 hour is even enough time to correct spelling and grammar. If you think of something more to say later, add another post.

Yeah, I'm with Tolak, and 2002-William. If anything, I'd advocate that posts shouldn't even be editable after a short amount of time -- 1 hour seems right to me. There have been many cases where someone posts something truly vile hoping the target person(s) will see it, edits it to clean it up, and then feigns innocence. I hate to say it, but this tactic has been directed at me. I quoted the message to make sure it stayed, but that's not foolproof either since you can edit quotes.

I'm on a forum where after 6 hours, a post cannot be edited. I really like it, and as above, I think 1 hour is even enough time to correct spelling and grammar. If you think of something more to say later, add another post.

Agreed, also stops members Kamikazing and deleting all their useful posts. Rage Quit FTL

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back