Deep scratch on aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Frank228

Reaction score
Hello I accidentally got a few deep scratches on my glass from using the algae magnet thing and they arenā€™t cracks but they definitely bother me. I was wondering if I could use a windshield repair kit on it even tho some say itā€™s not aquarium safe if I am just using it on the outside of the tank would it be okay?

How deep are the scratches?
How thick is the glass?

I don't know anything about the windscreen repair kits. Perhaps contact a company that makes them and find out if they use a glass or plastic resin and if it's safe to be wet constantly. They might also be able to tell you if it's toxic to living creatures.

autoglass repair should have the answer.
How invisible it is after a repair is something I always wondered about, but as to waterproof, then car windshields are wet pretty much all the time so there shouldn't be an issue with that.

How deep are the scratches?
How thick is the glass?

I don't know anything about the windscreen repair kits. Perhaps contact a company that makes them and find out if they use a glass or plastic resin and if it's safe to be wet constantly. They might also be able to tell you if it's toxic to living creatures.
Itā€™s deep enough if you run your nail through youā€™ll feel it and the glass is about an inch thick I believe so I am not worried about the integrity of the tank but more so the idea that it bothers me more

Itā€™s deep enough if you run your nail through youā€™ll feel it and the glass is about an inch thick I believe so I am not worried about the integrity of the tank but more so the idea that it bothers me more
Inch thick glass?

What size tank is this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back