Decorative issues.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It was this photo where the plants outlined in red looked a bit like Java fern windelov variety so I thought I'd better make sure.

photo.jpg

I have this stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_140642251.jpg
    IMG_20220806_140642251.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 20
Check the ingredients to make sure it contains cyanoacrylate. But the rock must be dry.

Check the ingredients to make sure it contains cyanoacrylate. But the rock must be dry.
Yeah that's what the manufacturer website says it's made out of... So there are 2 typesof plant there.. I'll get better pics... Do i glue the roots to the rock?..

Ok this is the one that seems different than the others.. is this java Fern as well?

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_142214594.jpg
    IMG_20220806_142214594.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 23
Ok... I took everything out and yeah they are different.. seem to have a regular root system...
The large fern actually has a hard root ball... Those other two are basically just a leaf... Lol... I got these out of my friends tank... So the white root plants need to be planted in the gravel or nah?

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_153732092.jpg
    IMG_20220806_153732092.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 21
Ok... I took everything out and yeah they are different.. seem to have a regular root system...
The large fern actually has a hard root ball... Those other two are basically just a leaf... Lol... I got these out of my friends tank... So the white root plants need to be planted in the gravel or nah?
All the stuff on the left needs to be IN the substrate and all the stuff to the right needs to be out of the substrate and attached to decor

I went to PetSmart today and saw they had these plants... $8 each so not bad and they are a lot healthier than what I got lol..
Anubius Nana and an Amazon sword.

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_220214304.jpg
    IMG_20220806_220214304.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 19
I went to PetSmart today and saw they had these plants... $8 each so not bad and they are a lot healthier than what I got lol..
Anubius Nana and an Amazon sword.
Looking really good! :D The amazon sword can be planted straight in the gravel - that one and the two white rooted ones on the left in the previous photo would appreciate root tabs. They're greedy root feeders, and will thrive better if you shove a root tab underneath the plant. They can also take a while to get established, so don't worry if they take a while to settle in or if older leaves die off. Once they've died off can just trim off the old outer leaves, so long as there are newer green leaves emerging from the centre crown.

The anubius also shouldn't be planted in the substrate, but should be attached to hardscape. Slow growing, better not in really bright light or it'll collect algae, does better if it's a bit shaded.

Looks like you're getting hooked on having a planted tank! It's wonderful when it all starts to grow in. I highly recommend taking photos of the tank every week or so, so you can really see the difference! :D

In the photo in post #25, the plant on the right on the swirly pattern is Java fern windelov, which needs to be on decor.
The two leaves on the left can't be used - but the one next to the swirly pattern has a baby plant growing on the top. I would leave that floating in the water till the baby plant grows roots, then carefully detach it and attach it to decor.

The java fern's rhizome is what needs to be glued to the decor, but it looks like it has roots twisted round it. If you could loosen those a bit without damaging anything, you may be able to free the rhizome. If not, just glue the root mass down.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back