Decommissioning smaller tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fiori

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I bought a Juwel Rekord 70 to replace smaller 6.5 gall and 5 gall tanks. In this tank will be a black molly, apple snail and a betta. I have been wanting to keep german blue rams for yonks and wondered if they would fit in ok, especially with the betta, who currently shares his tank with the snail. I can move the molly to another tank, if need be.

Any advice?

In my typical style I am only replying to part of your post!! I just wanted to say that if you have a male betta you should keep one of your smaller tanks going for him as they are not good community fish. If you have a female I believe these are ok when kept in groups of 4-5. As to how many female bettas and/or rams you can keep in your tank I am afraid I don't have a clue but I will watch for somebody else to answer; it is my chosen method of learning!!

Hope this of limited help although I seriously doubt it!!!!! Good luck.

The problem is that I am trying to get my tanks set up, to allow a friend to look after them when I go on holiday at Christmas. I know - its ages away yet but... All my small tanks are models which run off one plug, so I can't put a timer on the lights with these tanks. I'm going away for 5 weeks :hyper: , too long for no lights on and I can't expect my friend (its actually her 14 year old son) to come round twice a day to deal with this. So I was hoping to combine these two tanks together.

So, do you think a male betta would be fine with german rams? Or do I need to get another small tank, with separate fittings?

Add a hang on betta tank inside the aquarium to house your fighter.

I don't think I'd like to do that, as my betta has been used to having plenty room in a 5 gal to swim about - he is one spoiled betta :lol: I suspect another purchase (the dreaded MTS) is on its way :lol:

I had to seperate my betta and german blue male they hounded each other around the tank, and that was in a 120L. It could be my betta is just a little aggressive but i wouldnt try it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back