Decent Power Unit?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Blubble37

Ohai dere c:
Reaction score
What is the highest wattage rating for a computer power unit?

you mean the highest rating of a psu i believe they are at 1600w at the minute but unless your running crazy you will need nowhere near that

1600W, right.

Thats not bad...

The other (parents) pc runs off of a 1500 Watt pcu so 1600 should be enough for what i will be putting in there (a lot of things XD)

i would be interested to know what your putting in to require 1.6 kw of power

and what would a 13 yr old be putting in a computer that would need that amount of power?

edited to add this isnt a dig at you being 13, i just cant imagine my 13 yr old brother needing that much power for his comp!

and what would a 13 yr old be putting in a computer that would need that amount of power?

edited to add this isnt a dig at you being 13, i just cant imagine my 13 yr old brother needing that much power for his comp!

gaming comp with loads of hdd space, 2 disk drives and the mother of all graphics cards with a quad core processor

gaming comp with loads of hdd space, 2 disk drives and the mother of all graphics cards with a quad core processor
So basically what i run on a 800w psu? i think 1.6w for what you need is serious overkill but if you have the cash then go for it

quad core, 8tb of hdd (5 drives) gtx 460GS GLH 16gb of ram

pretty mch what i was planning on, but i wanted loads of power for extra leeway to put more things in... if needs be

Have you got the 5hdd's compiled into one or seperate?

lol 1.6 PSU what you on mate, I have built more custom pcs then i had hot dinners, my own runs a i7(1366) at 4.3GHZ HT on, 8TB 4x2GB HDD 1 SDD & ATI 6970. Asus Xonar Essence Thats on 750w. Do not skimp on the psu i would rather have a 750W top brand then a 1400w non branded rubbish :good:

You could always mod the case and add a second dedicated PSU for the Hardrives / Optical drives - Then run the GFX cards and MOB off the original, that would give you 3200watts; unless you also want a mainframe and server that should suffice!!

Seriously, I have a decent setup with i7, multiple 1tb drives etc and run with a Corasir 850w.

There are loads of power calculator out there:

PSU Calculator

That's just one.

As already stated, it's better to have a solid 750/850w psu than a flakey 1600w.

I've run 'Mother of all Graphics Cards' and quad-cores on 400W or less. A 1600W power supply is going to set you back over £200, and it's a massive waste of money unless you're running FOUR high-end graphics cards with dual processors and 24GB+ RAM. Basically, you don't need one. You probably want about 600W or less.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back