Dead Red Belly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cane76

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
yesterday i forgot to feed my 4 reds and went out on a drinking session,and when i got home this afternoon 4 had become 3 :-( my smallest red belly had been nearly totally eaten.could this happen from just missing one feed?or maybe the small red was sick or dying :/ the water tests are as normal nitrite 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 50 ph 7

yesterday i forgot to feed my 4 reds and went out on a drinking session,and when i got home this afternoon 4 had become 3 :-( my smallest red belly had been nearly totally eaten.could this happen from just missing one feed?or maybe the small red was sick or dying :/ the water tests are as normal nitrite 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 50 ph 7

hi i dont normally use this forum just have a look every now and then,

could of been a number of reasons why the smaller one was eaten( tanksize,challenging for a terrority, you could have one aggresive piranha who started the attack then the others followed, weak member of the shoal?), but i very much doubt that it was because you missed a feed, have you tried piranhaforum ?

that who i'm with and there seems to be a lot of experienced piranha keepers you should check it out,
http://www.piranhaforum.co.uk/forums/

daz

i think i figured out what killed the red.i stripped the tank down to give it a good clean and the underside of the hood had rusted badly,it had been dripping rusty water into the tank for god knows how long :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back