Dead guppy. I replaced with two live bearer's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pettygil

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Dead guppy. I replaced with two live bearer's n a 6.5 gallon tank. I hope there is enough room. I have two live bearer's and 2 guppies in 6,5 gallon tank.

Last edited:
My Guppies and Betta. Betta has his own 6, 5 gallon tank. One of my guppies died.

Please do not buy any more fish until we work out why your fish are dying.

Fish should never be added to a tank where fish have died (except maybe for very elderly fish dying of old age) as there could be something in the tank which will kill new fish as well.

Dead guppy. I replaced with two live bearer's n a 6.5 gallon tank. I hope there is enough room. I have two live bearer's and 2 guppies in 6,5 gallon tank.
You're mentioning that you've got two livebearers and two guppies. Guppies are also livebearers. What are the other two livebearers?

Please do not buy any more fish until we work out why your fish are dying.

Fish should never be added to a tank where fish have died (except maybe for very elderly fish dying of old age) as there could be something in the tank which will kill new fish as well.
I was tying to cycle a new tank, well my betta died, like I said there was 0 ammonia. My other tank I was trying to cycle and my guppy died. I guess I'm going to have to wait awhile, before adding fish.

You're mentioning that you've got two livebearers and two guppies. Guppies are also livebearers. What are the other two livebearers?
I'm not sure what you mean. These fish are very tiny. i think I got my live bearer's on video.

There are a few species of livebearer sold in most shops and thousands of livebearers rarely sold, or sold only through breeders.
The commonly available ones are - guppies, endlers, platies, mollies and swordtails. Only guppies and endlers are suitable for your tank, all the others are too big. That's why we are asking which livebearers you have besides guppies.
I suspect you have endlers as many places call them 'endlers livebearers' or even 'endless livebearers' (a mis-spelling for a fish named after John Endler)

I'm not sure what you mean. These fish are very tiny. i think I got my live bearer's on video.
I must have overlooked them then. For I wasn't able to notice them in the video. I was able to see those guppies. But I was curious for the other livebearers you've mentioned.
But what I mean is that there are so many livebearer species and guppies are one of them.

Essjay was saying it correctly...

I think I have endlers, but i am not sure of that. As far as my tank, what fish is good to cycle with?
Or should I wait before adding any kind of fish? I do not want any more fish dying. I was trying to cycle my tank with fish, that did not turn out well. I heard feeder fish are pretty hardly to cycle the tank with, I would have to take back to the store, if I cycled tank with these fish, because they get too big for my tank.

Last edited:
Well, if you want to cycle the tank with fish in it, endlers won't be a problem to use. They are quite hardy. But a fishless cycle is preferred over a fish-in-cycle.

No fish is good for cycling with. The ammonia and nitrite in the water harms them and can kill them.

There are 2 recommended ways to prepare a a tank before fish are put in.
The first is fishless cycling which involves adding ammonia from a bottle to grow the good bacteria.
The other is plant cycling, which involves using lots of live plants and waiting till you are sure they are growing and not dying before getting fish.

I ordered fritz Aquatics 80209 FritzZyme 7 Nitrifying Bacteria for Fresh Water Aquariums,
I hope this does not take a long time to cycle. How do I know if my tank is cycled? I know I need 0 ammonia. But what about Nitrate?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back