Dead Guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Angry_Platy

Sleepy Chook
Reaction score
Sleeping Somewhere. Or doing water changes. Or run
I came home this afternoon to find 2 dead guppies attached to the intake tube of my AC300 filter. Both of them seem to have been "mangulated" quite badly....to the point where I could see the skeleton. The 2 fish were alive last night at feeding time....the last time I saw them....they looked perfectly healthy last time I saw them....acting normally and all

Weird thing is....the platies look happier and healthier than ever...

So considering my disappearing neon episode and the guppy deaths...I am thinking that the platies are feeling very guilty. Either that or very satisfied that they are FINALLY converting their tank to an all-platy tank :p....

Hmmm....

I would venture to guess that it is the tetras and not the platies that are the aggressors. Platies aren't really known for their aggressiveness. I guess its possible that you have a homocidal platy that is out for blood but its a rarity. You don't have many tetras and when their numbers get low they sometimes take out their frustration by going after the other fish in the tank especially if the other fish have large decorative fins like guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back