Dead blackbird chick...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Found this 1 day old dead blackbird chick on the ground in our backyard. I wasn’t able to find its nest. Each year a blackbird builds a nest in our jasmine bush. But not now... This chick must have come from another location. But where?

Attachments

• 186852555_10160001042611874_601623968091528426_n.jpg
    186852555_10160001042611874_601623968091528426_n.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 154
oh no, i hope the others dont get thrown out,,,
if you find the nest please update, maybe a bigger bird took the chick and did not eat it for some reason?

The nest could have been preyed upon, and the culprit dropped the chick while trying to fly off with it...I've seen it happen

Oh no ? we keep finding Robin chicks fallen from a mystery nest also. Poor babes
Chicks thrown out happens more than you think... I always feel sorry when I see a thrown out one. But also when a chick is sick or when the mother or father smells a different scent that ain't theirs, they'll kill or throw a chick out as well. But from experience I know that with blackbirds, a mother will even seek for her chick if she can't find her chick in the nest. For I've taken care of some young as well when they were out of their nest. And the mothers would stay at the window of the shed, trying to get in to get to her chick.
oh no, i hope the others dont get thrown out,,,
if you find the nest please update, maybe a bigger bird took the chick and did not eat it for some reason?
I wasn't able to find the nest in our backyard.
The nest could have been preyed upon, and the culprit dropped the chick while trying to fly off with it...I've seen it happen
That could've happened as well. But the chick itself wasn't damaged. There wasn't even a nest in another bush in the backyard. I had plans to cut this bush but if there was a nest in it, I wouldn't cut the bush. But I also couldn't find one in there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back