Dawn On The Reef

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That background is looking amazing now its starting to colour up as well. Have you had any problems with it at all? Really thinking about doing it in mine as well.

Hi Barney,
No real problems to speak of really, I do syphon from behind it every now and then. I've even noticed copepods darting in an out of it a various times. So it must be fine. Its taking on a lot of coraline at present which is probably a good sign as well.
I'm allowing the corals to find their own space for now, and refraining from any more purchases, that is unless I spot a real beauty, but it will have to be a frag or something small. I would recommend trying it, I've had mine up an running a year now and everything seems just fine.
As you know in the early days there were a lot of doubting thomas's surrounding this venture, I'm glad I stuck with the plan now and I am pretty pleased with the outcome. The only other thing I wished I'd done, if I'd had a wider tank would have been to construct a Bommel or two (LR stacked up on top of each other using acrylic rods, maybe to the surface). I reckon that would have looked nice.
Regards
BigC

I actually thought of rescaping my big tank with two bommels but it would be a gigantic hassle at this point.
Yeah I know what you mean Chris but again I think it would have looked nice. I cant fit one in now as I think it would spoil the look, maybe an idea that will flourish in some shape or form in the future. In minature of course... LOL
Regards
BigC

I actually thought of rescaping my big tank with two bommels but it would be a gigantic hassle at this point.
Yeah I know what you mean Chris but again I think it would have looked nice. I cant fit one in now as I think it would spoil the look, maybe an idea that will flourish in some shape or form in the future. In minature of course... LOL
Regards
BigC

My dream is to have a very large (200 or so gallons) cylindrical tank with one very large bommel running up the center. I think the stack look is probably my favorite style of aquascaping.

Seen that being done with a cement and salt mix bommel on another site recently
impressive.
Regards
BigC

Trachyphyllia Radiata

I bought this coral to satisify myself after loosing out on a coral I'd set my sight on in my LFS. The coral I really wanted was sold when I went back, so this was it's substitute. I'm glad I bought it now. It used to reside in the bottom left hand corner of the tank but I've moved it to a more central position where it really expands.

Picture044.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Regards
BigC

EUREKA!!!.... (Big C) I found it....... Remember some time back I promised you a book if only I could find it...... Had some re-wiring done in the house today and was compelled to move some boxes around and there it was.....

It is called "Marine invertebrates and Plants of the Living Reef" by Dr. L. Colin........ and the summary description on the outside says, *How to identify most reef invertabrates from the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, Florida and the Tropical Atlantic; *For the Miniature Reef Aquarist- SCUBA diver - Snorkeler - Ichtyologist; *Illustrated with 432 color Photographs...... (1988 TFH Publications)

If you have not got this one and would like me to mail it to you, Just PM me with your postage details.... You can have it... I'll never go that way (marines), so won't need it (ever).

Btw.... I also could not find any of the seprate thermostats that used to drive about 5 or 6 heaters, but I did find a couple (6) of those heaters which connected to the thermostat.

Cheers Ludwig,
I would love to have the book. I like collecting books on subjects I'm interested in.
Sent you a PM
I owe you one.
Regards
BigC

Cheers Ludwig,
I would love to have the book. I like collecting books on subjects I'm interested in.
Sent you a PM
I owe you one.
Regards
BigC

Only a pleasure.....(seen this very very popular thread, & never thought I'd ever post anything on it) :lol:

OK biggy... It's on it's way.... My P.O. on this side says it'll be (approx) 21 days..... (I don't believe 'em, but let me know.

Cheers Lud. Much appreciated.
Regards
BigC

if i ever set up a marine tank...i know exactly whos message inbox i will be bothering!!! looks amazing!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back