Davids 165L Tropical Aquarium

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I just LOVE the sailfin pleco. They have the cutest faces! Great looking tank, I have the same one :) What part of Aus are you from?

Thanks Ladies, Gidge i am from just outside Melbourne. Sailfin is growing fast! I like his little tube nostrils.. actually i say his, but i have no idea, could be a her!

Ahh bugger, could you tell me how much you paid for your sailfin? 'It' looks like a he, something about his face haha. 

$20 Gidge. Yeah he looks blokey lol

Pretty big update!
So the Sailfin Gibbyceps (Not a plec after all!) and the Synodontis (cuckoo cat) are now gone.
Not dead gone, but given to my LFS gone.

Decided I wasn't the right owner for either, my reason for the gibbyceps.. the waste! My god could that bloke poo. Secondary was the size.. this fella can (and in this case, was) growing 2cm a month.. way quicker than I anticipated, so that tank upgrade would've ended up being not far off at all, and i wasn't ready for that.

Reason for my Cuckoo, was two fold, his potential size (since i wouldnt be upgrading for the Sailfin, i wouldn't really want to just for the cuckoo at this stage), and also the fact i NEVER saw him. He would come out the second the lights went off, but by himself he was just too timid.. definitely needed another for company and to boost his confidence to swim during the day.

But, my LFS is very very good, so was more than happy to hand them over.

The new additions.. there's a few..
6 Rummy Nose Tetra, 2 (Male/Female) Apistogramma Viejita, and 3 Corydoras Sterbai.
Also some new plants, some Elodea, Ambulia (I think), and also some Lilaeopsis.

Pics to follow ASAP!

Huge fan of the Sterbais. I have a group myself. Lovely little critters to watch. Lets see some pics!! Good on you for doing the right thing by your fish too, very admirable. 

nice pics/fish like your blue ram the most but I prefer cichlids

Thanks Gidge, I think I did the right thing too.

Here are some picture updates.
You can see the original lid with the filter and lighting removed, I cut some acrylic lid pieces to fit perfectly, added a Fluval 206 Cannister Filter that sits in the cabinet underneath and is far quieter and more powerful than the built in filter, and i also added a 60cm LED bank.

I think the tank still needs something.. I'd like to make the substrate a little deeper, and also I think the back of the tank feels a little bare sometimes, maybe some more plants. I really like the Lilaeopsis, so i will be getting more of that to bulk out the sides of the tank I think, and add some patchy middle ground here and there with it. Thoughts?

photo1_zps55b3b06f.jpg

Here are a few of the fish, here's two of the three Sterbai (and Rummys in the background)
photo3_zpscc2fc9d3.jpg

Here's the Female Apistogramma Viejita, not the best photo but oh well
photo2_zpscef009f9.jpg

The Male Apistogramma Viejita, wish his fins were flared out but tried for ages and couldn't get a nice sitting still photo, and this was the only chance.
photo4_zpsde2532bf.jpg

And the Kribs, they have really grown since the first photos in this thread
photo5_zpsd395f34e.jpg

*Edit* Managed to take two decent shots with their fins a bit flared, the Male and Female Apistogramma Viejita.
photo2_zps01a61cba.jpg

photo3_zps18a89fe4.jpg

Fantastic pics!!! (I note none of yours look like bloomin Hitler!!!!!
rofl.gif
 )

Indeed! You'll find no goose stepping Adolf-oi's here 
rofl.gif

lovely looking tank :)

have you had any problems between your dwarf gourami and your german blue ram? i was hoping to put both in my tank but have been told the ram might nip the gourami's filaments.

Never had any problems between those two at all, only trouble i had was between GBR and Apisto's and i think thats purely because i mightve pushed over the limit of ground dwellers for the cichlids to be relaxed

that's great to know, thanks :)
don't think ive got any ground dwellers in my line up unless the GBR falls into that but i can reach the bottom of this tank no prob so dont mind doing the hoovering to clean the floor of it :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back