Darkened scales

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

becs66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with some weird symptoms that some of my fish are showing. I've got a malawi 55 gal setup which includes in it some yellow labs, and recently I have noticed that some of them, 2 inparticular have developed a dark colouration to their skin, its a grey/black kind of colour almost like soot, is not raised in any way and has spread from their head backwards. They show no other symptoms and are eating well and behaving normally. The tank they are in is well established and NH4/NO2 readings are 0 and I keep NO3 levels below 20ppm with weekly 30% water changes. None of the other fish seem to be showing any similar symptoms. I have treated for a week with Melafix and increased water changes but it seems to be getting worse.

Thank

Becs

I had that happen to me once and I could never figure out what was going on. I started to notice that my PH was shifting up and down too. When I got the PH lined back up my fish started to get their color back. I am not saying that is what is the matter with your fish. But you might want to keep a check on that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back