DannyBoy17's Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The Oscar about to have a go at my finger. He always bites it, it doesnt really hurt unless he really holds on :flex:

aquaexppics025.jpg

--Dan

littlefishie said:
Discomafia said:
And littlefishie, he means that container with a coner filter and plastic plants with a betta in the 2nd last pic, that's the DIY betta breeder he was talking about...
Actually, I did know that's what he was talking about.. ;) That thing is about 2 gallons according to his measurements, though now he's thinking maybe 5 gallons. He kept trying to tell me he'd breed his bettas in that, and I kept telling him he needs at least a 5 gallon tank, preferably a ten. He and I have been over it many times, on the phone, MSN, and at my house when I showed him my setup.. He's decided to leave the breeding up to me for now. :nod: This one's just a prototype, anyway..

It's got a gravel/sand [not too sure on that one, he's got black sand in the 29 and black gravel in the 100, but it definitely looks like the Geosystem sand we both have] bottom also, which really isn't a good idea for betta breeding. :/ Bare bottom is best, it helps the male with the whole getting the eggs back into the nest bit. Otherwise, he'd be going crazy and there'd be a ton of eggs stuck in the sand/gravel! :S

Besides.. if you were Dan, wouldn't you expect the girl you're dating to know about your tanks? ;)

Edit :: Never mind.. apparently we aren't dating. :unsure:
Though the rest of the stuff is true.
Whooops! :p Sorry...

Looks more than 2 gallons tho', mabe Danny is right when he said 5 gallons.

Discomafia said:
littlefishie said:
Discomafia said:
And littlefishie, he means that container with a coner filter and plastic plants with a betta in the 2nd last pic, that's the DIY betta breeder he was talking about...
Actually, I did know that's what he was talking about.. ;) That thing is about 2 gallons according to his measurements, though now he's thinking maybe 5 gallons. He kept trying to tell me he'd breed his bettas in that, and I kept telling him he needs at least a 5 gallon tank, preferably a ten. He and I have been over it many times, on the phone, MSN, and at my house when I showed him my setup.. He's decided to leave the breeding up to me for now. :nod: This one's just a prototype, anyway..

It's got a gravel/sand [not too sure on that one, he's got black sand in the 29 and black gravel in the 100, but it definitely looks like the Geosystem sand we both have] bottom also, which really isn't a good idea for betta breeding. :/ Bare bottom is best, it helps the male with the whole getting the eggs back into the nest bit. Otherwise, he'd be going crazy and there'd be a ton of eggs stuck in the sand/gravel! :S

Besides.. if you were Dan, wouldn't you expect the girl you're dating to know about your tanks? ;)

Edit :: Never mind.. apparently we aren't dating. :unsure:
Though the rest of the stuff is true.
Whooops! :p Sorry...

Looks more than 2 gallons tho', mabe Danny is right when he said 5 gallons.
Quite possibly, but I don't trust his measurements til I check it for myself. :p

Just cos I'm mean like that. ;)

Group shot! My new Jewels :thumbs: .

jewels.jpg

Playing in the current...

jewels003.jpg

Here's a rare individual shot.

jewels001.jpg

And here's two, I think they are pairing. They are blue/green, and the other one is a rainforest I think.

jewels002.jpg

That's all for now. Enjoy :kana:

--Dan

I used to be soo terrible. I just played around with the camera settings, changed something to "macro" so now it always focuses on objects that are up close. It's really made my shots come out a lot nicer!

--Dan

DannyBoy17 said:
The Oscar about to have a go at my finger. He always bites it, it doesnt really hurt unless he really holds on :flex:

aquaexppics025.jpg

--Dan
How big is urs now? Mine took a nice hold of my finger yesterday and it acaully kinda hurt sadly :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back