danio/platy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Rmalhi

Reaction score
hi, so iā€™ve got some danio and platy fish in my tank and i didnā€™t know that any were pregnant however when i looked in my tank tonight i saw this hovering near the filter and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what breed it is. Iā€™ve been looking very closely on images and videos of other fish fry however my one looks A LOT smaller than others when first born. and yes it is a baby fish as i saw it moving and swimming, this is from a video i took but it wonā€™t let me post the video.

Attachments

• D023BDFA-8055-4E25-BFEE-F1055492823F.png
    D023BDFA-8055-4E25-BFEE-F1055492823F.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 59
  • AD082CD7-8A5C-44E3-99CA-0E654EC46CBF.png
    AD082CD7-8A5C-44E3-99CA-0E654EC46CBF.png
    508 KB · Views: 62
What danio species and how many of each? It is obviously a fry, but I doubt anyone will be able to ID it without closer clear pictures, sideways especially. Many fry can look remarkably similar until they are a few weeks older. To upload videos, post them on YouTube and then put the link in your TFF post.

What danio species and how many of each? It is obviously a fry, but I doubt anyone will be able to ID it without closer clear pictures, sideways especially. Many fry can look remarkably similar until they are a few weeks older. To upload videos, post them on YouTube and then put the link in your TFF post.
itā€™s a danio zebra fish, and i attempted to take it out the tank but it got sucked up into the filter so is it dead or can i attempt to take it out?

itā€™s a danio zebra fish, and i attempted to take it out the tank but it got sucked up into the filter so is it dead or can i attempt to take it out?

If you only have (or had) the one danio, the fry cannot be from it, but must be a platy. If the danio is dead, it is best to remove it.

sorry iā€™ve got 3 danio fish, 2 female and 1 male. and the fry is what got up in the filter so i donā€™t know if itā€™s alive. Sorry iā€™m not making myself clear

It looks too small and undeveloped for a platy. If you have had the danios for more than 2 weeks, it could be a baby danio.

Baby platies will usually be the same colour as the parents and are not transparent.

Have you noticed the danios chasing each other around?

Have you checked inside the filter in case it is alive?

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what breed it is
If there are only danios and platies in there, then it must be a danio fry. For it's too much looking as a needle shape to be a platy fry.
And danios start off as being needles when born.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back