Danio baby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Derekshatch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I let my danios breed in a seperate tank and i did not think that they spawned but i took them out anyways. I ended up putting platy fry in their and i just found one danio baby i do not know how he survived i dident feed him. I am surprised that i did not suck hum up during a water change and he is so small. I have never done egg layers so i am excited even though it is one fry. IS IT OKAY TO FEED HIM THE FIRST BITES FISH FOOD OR IS HE TOO SMALL I THINK THAT HE WILL BE OK BUT IDK.
1579133091713592972647210377121.jpg

Also can amano shrimp lay eggs in freshwater because mine looks pregnant?
15791338729916464323226129432032.jpg

Congratulations on the fry,:) I think those shrimp need brackish water for their young. I have ghost shrimp and hoping they will have young but so far no luck :( I had 12 red eye tetra fry in my tank and they survived on the fish food I fed their parents.

No to the shrimp. They are very difficult to breed and even the experts still disagree on the correct salinity. Some would suggest brine shrimp for baby fish? I know @Deanasue has danios, consult with her on this. Congrats on the fry! ;)

First Bites is fine for the danio. Congrats! Shrimp do not lay eggs. They carry them in their swimmerets. Odd, yours does seemed to be berried but They will not survive from what I understand. She will probably drop them.

Ya I read that about amano shrimp too. They need brakish water. I left a male and female in a tank for one xay and they laid eggs but i dident see any so I thought that they dident. Guess that i dident look hard enough. They look so cool as babies they are clear. What kind of danios do you have? I have long fin leopard danios and the females are always fat but im guessing that the eggs get eaten in the community tank that they are in.

Ya I read that about amano shrimp too. They need brakish water. I left a male and female in a tank for one xay and they laid eggs but i dident see any so I thought that they dident. Guess that i dident look hard enough. They look so cool as babies they are clear. What kind of danios do you have? I have long fin leopard danios and the females are always fat but im guessing that the eggs get eaten in the community tank that they are in.
I have the same but all males.

Can this shrimp live with pleco and kuhlii? i want one for my plants aquarium.

First Bites is fine for the danio. Congrats! Shrimp do not lay eggs. They carry them in their swimmerets. Odd, yours does seemed to be berried but They will not survive from what I understand. She will probably drop them.
First of all, amano females keep eggs in the swimmerets as you said, secondly, when and if the eggs do hatch, they don't hatch into tinny copies of the adult. Instead, they hatch into vulnerable larva. They need 2 months to metamorphose into actual shrimp. To make matters worse, they need to be reared up in saltwater. As I said before, even the most seasoned aquarists can't agree on the proper salinity. But, if you have the time and an extra tank, i'd say go for it.

Amano shrimp are cool mine paddle to the top and they bear hug the flakes and eat them it is funny.

Do you feed them algae wafers? Or just flakes? What brand of flakes do you use? Shrimp do need a little bit of algae to be healthy, whether that be wafers or real algae.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back