Damsel Is Picking At Coral

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JakeKM

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey there...
I have a yellow tail damsel in my 24g jbj nano and it seems to be pulling off the tentacles on my green star polyps, any one had this same problem ?

Thanks, JakeKM

Hey there...
I have a yellow tail damsel in my 24g jbj nano and it seems to be pulling off the tentacles on my green star polyps, any one had this same problem ?

Thanks, JakeKM

Only one thing to do if you are sure it is him doing the damage - rehome him

seffie x

:fish:

Hey there...

Thanks, JakeKM

Only one thing to do if you are sure it is him doing the damage - rehome him

seffie x

Thats what i'm planning on doing, take him back to the LFS...

Thanks, JakeKM

Some damselfish (e.g., Neoglyphidodon) regularly eat corals. Damselfish dentition is well capable of doing so. However, most of the time, if a damselfish attacks coral, they do so for territorial reasons or in order to expand their gardens. An example of the former would be when a clownfish attacks a coral that could compete with it's anemone.

Some damselfish (e.g., Neoglyphidodon) regularly eat corals. Damselfish dentition is well capable of doing so. However, most of the time, if a damselfish attacks coral, they do so for territorial reasons or in order to expand their gardens. An example of the former would be when a clownfish attacks a coral that could compete with it's anemone.

That's fasinating Lynden, will need to go and read up on that - :good:

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back