Dallas/FtWorth People

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been to "Dallas North Aquarium Shop"

tell me about it if you have............

I found it on the web and it claims to be the biggest shop in Texas....here is the link...

Dallas North Aquarium

Looks pretty awsome to me...a friend and I are planning the 4 hr round trip Thursday to check it out......

My 55 gal has finally cycled....I gave away 1 pair of angels, and my 29gal is on a nitrite spike right now, so it shouldn't be much longer till it is cycled, so it is about time for me to get those other angels I have been wanting!!

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

hmmm, I live in Ft.Worth and I've never heard of it, do tell if it's great because I have a new 55 gallon that will be needing some fishies soon :p
there's a shop over here by me ,off of Hulen & Alta Mesa called Fish Paradise, it's not a huge place, family owned, but it's well kept and they usually have a large variety of fish,fresh & salt, all of their fish come from the wild, is what I'm told , most of the fish in my tank came from there and they're all healthy as can be , and they also have tons of angels all the time, all different sizes :nod:
Have fun at the aquarium shop! I'm going to check out that link now..... :D

Thanks for the info on the shop....I know my way around Hulan Street I will check it out.............I prefer individually owned shops, and normally go to the one across from the Ridgmar mall, but was pretty disgusted the last time I went in there, they were selling angels that were obviously very ill :sick: ......even had worms or something all over them :sick: ...and they were about 1/2 price as normal, but no mention of them being sick when I asked about them.
(I pretend I am clueless when in a fishshop, just to see what they will say, or sell) :S

I also observed an employee (has to be a relative of the owner) changing the betta water out, she was slamming those poor things into the net, then tapping the net on the side of the bucket several times before slamming them back into the jar.....I couldn't believe it. :X

I will let you know about this place in Carrollton....can't wait til Thursday!!

Who would have ever thought......a fish store in DFW metro......lol....J/K Mama, Hope its a good store and you have a blast

Les

lol.......oh yea, well I know just where it is........
It's right between the General Store and the Feed and Seed, it's the one with the hitch'n post in front!
Don't think we haven't moved up to the 20th century!!

:p ;) :p

Not that at all Mama, The point I was making was that I would love to have a city like DFW metro to shop for fish. Only things we have around here are LFchains.....Still havent found a fish shop that didnt have 3 or 4 stores

Les

Oh...sorry :huh:
used to people pokin fun at us Texans... :lol:

....we live in a small town of 15,000....yet it is only an hours drive to the
"big city" It is very nice, when hubby and I go out, we never stay around here......we head to the city! B)

I grew up in a town of 4,000 and it was 2 1/2 hrs to DFW.....and we actually shopped at the "feed and seed" for pet/ horse supplies!
:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: nyuk nyuk @ all the Texan jokes, I'm proud to be a native New Yorker :wub: , I just got stuck in Texas somehow :rolleyes:
You'll like that shop then mama , his angels are pretty pricey, but not that bad really, I was checking them out today and they all looked pretty & healthy, he had some awesome black & white ones
and he's not the type to sell to you just to make a buck, knowing that I was cycling my tank in the beginning he refused to sell me fish after I bought my 1st few , I pretty much got a " I say no fish for 6 weeks! You go! No fish for you!" from him a few times :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok it wasn't that bad but it was kinda like that :rolleyes:

Well.............I went....
drove 2 hrs to get there..stayed about 30 mins, then went to my usually lfs, and chain store...they did had some beautiful setups...and it was a HUGE ~ritzy~ place......had palm trees outside, several ponds, aquatic type music playing in the background......it was really nice, 4 huge built in to the wall show tanks....looked like pictures hanging on the wall from a distance.....................but the prices were outragous.....$25.00 for a plain med-lrg sized angelfish....with no left fin!!! :-( and they just had simple assorted angels like your local chain......I was hoping to find all different types....next time I will save the money it cost to take the trip and order exactly what I want..........online!
I will be checking out the store you suggested next week ~wuvmybetta~ :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back