Daize's 35L Jungle Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

daizeUK

Fish Botherer
Reaction score
I finally threw this together today after staring at an empty tank for weeks.

Just trimmings from my 120L tank at the moment, rest of the planting still to be decided on!

30Mar_zpsb777c2b8.jpg

Wow, look at all that anubias! :D
Looks good, can't wait to see more plants

Wow you should like aquascape my tanks or something :p

Is it safe to superglue plants?

sawickib said:
Is it safe to superglue plants?

Yep most of the plantlets are superglued, a couple tied on with fishing line.  Superglue is safe as long as it is the cyanoacrylate type.

Thanks for the comments!

This is the tank I have yet to set up also.

Are you going high tech?

I am uncertain of the lid however, as it will house a betta. From what I can remember when I looked at it, the lid gaps were a bit too spacious for my liking.

biohazard156 said:
Going to be another stunner I reckon!! I really like it
yay.gif

Cheers BioHazard!

Shelster said:
Are you going high tech?

I am uncertain of the lid however, as it will house a betta. From what I can remember when I looked at it, the lid gaps were a bit too spacious for my liking.

Yep I'm going to try a single DIY bottle of yeast CO2 and see how I get on.  Three bottles have been working pretty well for my 120L.

I don't know much about bettas - do they jump?  There's a fairly large opening front and rear for lifting the lid which would probably rule out jumping fish.

Yes they do, think my hubby is going to have to do some DIY :)

Looks absolutely beautiful so far! Is this the one you were having a hard time deciding on how to position the wood? :)

Looking good so far!! What are you thinking of stocking it with? Besides plants of course!! :lol:

Ninjouzata said:
Looks absolutely beautiful so far! Is this the one you were having a hard time deciding on how to position the wood?
smile.png

Glad you like it!  Yep, I prepared the wood several weeks ago but then suffered a lack of inspiration about what to do with it!  In the end I just decided to stick some plants on it and see how it looks!

LyraGuppi said:
Looks amazing!
smile.png

Thanks LyraGuppi!  I enjoyed picking out bits of wood at my LFS since they've started stocking lots of these lovely twisty roots - lucky for me!

Rak9378 said:
Looking good so far!! What are you thinking of stocking it with? Besides plants of course!!
laugh.png

Cheers Rak!  Eventually I want it to be a home for blue jelly shrimp.  Maybe a few CPD's as well?  In the short term I expect it will serve as yet another home for my never-ending stream of platy fry!

daize that looks amazing :)
really nice job well done to you :)
no chance of you popping round and helping mine?? :p

Hehe thanks!

I'm trying to work out how many more plants I can squeeze in there now before I place an order... so many plants I'd like to try, so little space!

Most reactions

Back