D&D Feshwater CO2 set

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
How long do you reckon the 500g co2 will last gf or do you have any idea, and do you think it would be easy to get such a small bottle refilled easily, or do you have to send them off somewhere and get a replacement and do without co2 in the meantime, this is why im leaning towards a regular co2 cylinder, you can just nip out and get it refilled somewhere locally and set it up again within an hour or so, i believe leaves on some plants grow smaller when you go pressurised, seems interesting.

Thanks for that link gf225 ! I see that the D&D one cannot be refilled and a new cylinder must be bought - but at £12.99 for 9 odd months that's not bad at all !

I'm very tempted indeed.....and like the look of the Dennerle one as it's suitable for even larger tanks too.

Mmmmm decisions decisions.....

When are you getting yours ? or is it currently on a "wishlist" type thing ?
I'd like to know how you get on with it.

bloozoo2 said:
When are you getting yours ?
[snapback]854224[/snapback]​
Late August. A birthday present! On my wishlist though; a pH controller and T5 lighting (overtank luminaire). They're over £400 between them though!!!

I'm not keen on buying another nutrafin as the ladder never seems to work properly and i really need two if its going to work.

The D&D looks inviting but i don't like the thought about having to use tape to make sure seals are tight, or do all c02 units need tape? The disposable cylinder is useful and only £12.

The JBL Proflora c02 unit looks good too, but you have to refill the cylinders, now if i can get it from the lfs for the same price and they refill the cylinder then that might be feasible. http://www.jbl.de/uk/aqua/uk_63010aq.html

Lets us know what you think.

I definitley like the look of this one too and actually spotted it in my lfs a couple of weeks ago - the price was quite similar too and at around £120 I think.

I've gone for the JBL proflora set 2 with the shut off for night, it would make the bottle last twice as long, so ok it's more money but it will save c02 in the long run therefore saving money and maybe safer for my fish.

I consider myself lucky because the guy at Maidenhead Aquatics in St albans matched the price :D as i prefer to buy from a local shop who will refill the cylinder and be near to help with any problems.

http://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/main/default.aspx

ADelphi said:
I've gone for the JBL proflora set 2 with the shut off for night, it would make the bottle last twice as long, so ok it's more money but it will save c02 in the long run therefore saving money and maybe safer for my fish.

I consider myself lucky because the guy at Maidenhead Aquatics in St albans matched the price :D as i prefer to buy from a local shop who will refill the cylinder and be near to help with any problems.

http://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/main/default.aspx
[snapback]871034[/snapback]​
Fabulous ! :cool: Well once you have it up and running, please post back and let us know how it goes. I'm very interested :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back