Cycling Section?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it was possible to have a section for questions about cycling?
I regularly see posts about cycling so I was thinking that it would be easier for the people that know quite a lot about cycling to help those in need.
Just an idea :)

I think that's covered by New to the Hobby and Tropical Discussion

Actually we're working on a new cycling article (TwoTankAmin is writing it) and some other articles about how to get it done properly and quickly. It won't be long now before it's posted.

tcamos said:
Actually we're working on a new cycling article (TwoTankAmin is writing it) and some other articles about how to get it done properly and quickly. It won't be long now before it's posted.
Great to hear that news. I am looking to set up a new larger tank in the near future, so will look out for that article.

tcamos said:
Yeah, I'd heard of that. It's great that a new update is coming.

However, what I was meaning was a section that was just for questions about cycling.

the_lock_man said:
I think that's covered by New to the Hobby and Tropical Discussion
Yeah, that was what I was thinking which was why I was wondering about a section just for cycling so it would be easier for those (like TwoTankAmin) to help people.

A cycling forum?

I think what he is meaning is a sub section...Example, There are sub sections called, New to hobby question and answers, Cichlid, DIY. Having one subsection for just cycling questions would free up some space in other areas.

Right...that's what I thought he meant. I call that a sub-forum or when I'm lazy just a forum. :)

Would be a good idea...IMO. maybe break down the sub forum to different sub forums...

New to hobby questions and answers
sub forum - Cycling
sub forum - Stocking
sub forum - Chemicals ( salt, melafix, rid ich, ect )
sub forum - Substrate
sub forum - Decor

We already have so many different sections, I think it would be difficult to keep it all tidy, with newbies posting things in the wrong section. Let's face it, most newbies don't even know what cycling is, unless it has 2 wheels, a chain and some handlebars. Having something that says "This is where newbies go to have their questions answered" makes life easier for them, and for us mods, otherwise we'll spend all our time moving threads from one place to another, allowing spammers to slip past.

That's what we are really trying to accomplish right now...making things so super easy with the new live bearer article, the upcoming cycling article, and updates to equipment lists etc. I want a big metaphorical arrow for new members saing "Look here!"

So pumped for the New cycling article! Hurry up TwoTank!

No, not a no...I've been talking with TwoTankAmin about it and he thinks there will be plenty of questions asked once it's posted and discussion on the topic so we might have the article and a link from it to a forum for discussion so actually it's likely to happen but we still want the starting point to be the basic article. It's a work in progress. But we certainly can't have a forum for everything...that gets nutty so we'll have to see how the discussion goes.

So...it's a maybe. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back