Cycling my 48l tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

I'll be off to check my water later today - hoping for something shifting in the right direction. The Vyair system I found is this one...

https://www.vyair.com/compact-4-sta...9X8D3YSX_cNQXXWqIWbGJarReLzqhpyRoCToEQAvD_BwE

And yeah it can hook up under the sink or to an external 'hose' style tap in the garden. I'm running it off the same pipe that feeds our washing machine - but need to get a y-shaped splitter so I don't have to keep changing the pipe over.

You're algae is quite a thing... Is that because it's a planted tank?

I was assuming the algae was a result of the light and I know new tanks can get it at first too but itā€™s strange it wipes off so easy and appears so quick! Not experienced it before. I may look into the RO unit- I did have a look online and saw a similar one to this but it said you needed good water pressure and I donā€™t at my house in the kitchen. But maybe outside on the hose pipe might work...food for thought...thanks :)
Happy to report no nitrite or nitrate this morning whoop- so I guess itā€™s cycled!? Not sure how Iā€™ve managed that- dumb luck really I guess.

Hi @Libbyd - excuse the delay - I've been tending to my water ;-)

I think things are moving in the right direction finally. Ammonia dropping, nitrates rising... and still no nitrites (I've updated in my thread - didn't want to hijack yours but wondered how it was all going?)

Thatā€™s good news :)
my cycle seems to be fine but Iā€™m going to be changing the substrate in the tank. The white sand looks AWFUL and so ive ordered some new very fine gravel which came today, Iā€™m pleased with it, it looks like ā€˜almost sandā€˜ and itā€™s a lot darker. Iā€™ve ordered more plants and they are coming soon so the rescape will happen then. Algae, or the bacteria as it turned out (posted on another thread) seems better.
just hoping that I can get out to buy some livestock soon, provided all the parameters remain ok.

Most reactions

Back