I have a fully established 75 gallon community tank with a pair of Angelfish alongside some others. Turns out the pair like to mate and have started bullying my two peaceful honey gouramis around the time they lay eggs. It’s pretty intense bullying to the point the honeys barely leave their hiding spots anymore. Well, I’ve wanted another tank and I thought why not move them to their own tank away from the angels. I wanted to do it as quickly as possible so I used some gravel, deco, and filter media from my established tank to kickstart the cycle in a new 36 gallon tank. Added some pure ammonia to get to 2ppm and viola, 48 hours later the new tank was fully cycled. Ammonia and nitrites to 0. I added some more ammonia just to make sure and the next day it was gone. Compared to the 7 weeks it took to cycle the 75 gallon, this was amazing. Just thought I’d post a success story to attest to the use of established tank media to help a cycle.