Cycle & Dojo Update

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
๐Ÿ† Click to enter! ๐Ÿ†

Coolysd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well, I thought my tank was cycled, however 2 days later my ammonia was at 1. Did several large wc and it's been at .5 nitrite 0 nitrate 0. I also just rehomed my 3 Dojo Loaches ๐Ÿ˜ญ because they need sand and I have gravel (thank you pet store guy!!). The thought of switching out the substrate is just too much for me right now, not to mention the extra expense (just recently purchased 75lbs of gravel). So now I have a vacant 75gal that is/isn't cycled ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ. Any suggestions on what I should do now while I research my stock again? Mt prior research was based on the Dojos. Now I have pretty much a blank canvas for the most part. All suggestions/recommendations are much appreciated!!

Well, I thought my tank was cycled, however 2 days later my ammonia was at 1. Did several large wc and it's been at .5 nitrite 0 nitrate 0. I also just rehomed my 3 Dojo Loaches ๐Ÿ˜ญ because they need sand and I have gravel (thank you pet store guy!!). The thought of switching out the substrate is just too much for me right now, not to mention the extra expense (just recently purchased 75lbs of gravel). So now I have a vacant 75gal that is/isn't cycled ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ. Any suggestions on what I should do now while I research my stock again? Mt prior research was based on the Dojos. Now I have pretty much a blank canvas for the most part. All suggestions/recommendations are much appreciated!!
Idk what it's like in the UK (I think that's where you live) but you can always use play sand which is WAYYYY less expensive usually. Just rinse it out very well.
You can still have dojos or another type of bottom dweller ๐Ÿ˜‰ (notice I didn't say AND another bottom dweller ๐Ÿ˜…)

I'm actually in San Diego, CA. And yes I did notice lolol. Not quite sure what I want to stock it with. Cichlids are cool but I'm thinking I want some schooling fish. With my size tank it would look really cool to have like 20 schoolers swimming around in unison. Back to the drawing board we goooooooo..... ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ’™

I'm actually in San Diego, CA. And yes I did notice lolol. Not quite sure what I want to stock it with. Cichlids are cool but I'm thinking I want some schooling fish. With my size tank it would look really cool to have like 20 schoolers swimming around in unison. Back to the drawing board we goooooooo..... ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿ’™
Oops I was confusing you with another member I've been helping lol sorry...
You'd have to have some fairly nice size schoolers to only do 20 in a 75g ๐Ÿ˜‰
You could definitely get away with having a bunch more in there depending on how big the fish are.

No worries ๐Ÿ˜ oh yeah that's just one idea, definitely would put others in as well. That's just what I'm thinking off the top of my head... I appreciate you!!๐Ÿ˜Ž

No worries ๐Ÿ˜ oh yeah that's just one idea, definitely would put others in as well. That's just what I'm thinking off the top of my head... I appreciate you!!๐Ÿ˜Ž
Awesome!
Maybe a large shoal/school of corydoras can be the bottom dwellers of the tank.
There are a ton of options for that tank size... I'm sure you'll find what you want.

harlequin rasbora do well with them and I think they school, also fun fact about dojos; they act up when there is a change in weather which is why some people call them weather loaches.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back