Curry Recipes/favourites

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes,we must`nt get favourite with national dishes confused.

I would say fish and chips is the national dish.
Or pie and chips.
Or the sunday roast.
Or beans on toast.
Or lobby.

Belly`s aching now,i`m hungry. :D

Ok, so curry is most likely not the English national dish. Who knows Australia's national dish? As far as I can remember it is not shrimps on the barbie as we don't usually call them shrimps unless they are the tiny pre-cooked frozen ones you get in fried rice. I was told by a chef I worked with that it was kangaroo tail soup but I can't find anything to back that up. I would offer a list of options. Anything on a BBQ, Meat pie (most probible) , kangaroo with bush tomatoes (not likely but it certainly is very Aussie), Spaggetti bolognaise, Yiros/kebab (depending on origin).

With Australia based on a plethora of nations with large populations of, English, Italians, Greeks, Vietnamese, lebanese, Germain, Chinese, etc. Along with the originally about 500 different Aboriginal groups, The national dish might be a hard one to come up with.

Apperently the national dish of both australia and new zealand is pavlova??

yer is a bit strange. another funny one is scotlands is a mars bar in batter? :lol: neone ever tried it-its quite tasty

Apperently the national dish of both australia and new zealand is pavlova??

Could well be it is a popular but old fashioned desert.

How about the witchetty grub,i hear they are very tasty.

I have never had the oppertunity but I will try anything once (within reason).

yer is a bit strange. another funny one is scotlands is a mars bar in batter? neone ever tried it-its quite tasty

Very tasty indeed, I used to make these for my work colleges.

I love the good old pav, damn good stuff!

Personally I look at that as the national desert but go with the majority of Aussies by looking at the barby as our national dish and think it beats the lot as you can cook anything on the bbq (from curry to PRAWNS - not shrimp :lol: - all the way through to pizzas among other things).

And before you all begin saying a bbq is a cooking device, not a dish, over here the two are pretty much interchangable. We cook on the bbq and we have a bbq.

Most reactions

Back