CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
Common name/s: Crystal eyed catfish, black devil catfish

Scientific name: Hemibagrus wyckii

Family:Bagridae

Origin: SE Asia

Maximum size: 28"

Care: A large tank and equally large filtration are a must for keeping this large growing catfish, a minimum tanksize of 120 gallons (5x2x2') is recomended with two external canister filters or a sump style filter. The fish isnt fussy of water conditions provided extremes of hardness and pH are avoided, temperature should be kept between 22 and 25 centigrade (72-76f). A fish for the species tank only, the fish becomes increasingly aggressive with age and will attack and kill any living creature it shares a tank with. A large rock or piece of bogwood should be used as a place for the fish to hide behind.

Feeding: Large meaty frozen foods and pellets for carnivorous fish will all be accepted as will large live foods, once over 12" the fish should only be fed one large meal once a week.

Sexing and breeding: Unknown

Attachments

• hemibagrus_wyckii.jpg
    hemibagrus_wyckii.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 307
i have one of these catfish i got him about a year ago i was told he would be ok in a large tinfoil community tank i soon found out he wasnt i put him in with my oscar and the next mornig the oscars fins were all of hes ok now like.
the cat s got his own tank now 4ft,2ft by 15 inchs is there nothing at all he will go with how about a plec hes very happy now all he will eat is live fish hes about 13 inchs long now

thanks romano

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back