🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope everyone is well?!

I got this gorgeous little guy the other week. I’d been seeing the different colour change in him but he molted the other day (in front of me which was really sweet to witness) and noticed this! He looks like he maybe a rilli hybrid, What do you think?

Attachments

• C3B638E6-2111-49CB-BCEA-7D1C065EA103.jpeg
    C3B638E6-2111-49CB-BCEA-7D1C065EA103.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 66
Technically they are all just colour variants of the same species so its not a hybrid. Reds, blues, yellows, rillis, (etc etc) are all exactly the same - just as we don't distinguish between eye / hair / skin colour in humans. If you were a commercial breeder who specifically wanted rillis or blues that would end up being a cull. Since you are not a commercial breeder just enjoy the uniqueness.

I have a number of shrimps in my red rilli tank that I can uniquely identify by their "imperfections or blemishes". Some of these have been carried through several generations. It only makes a difference when you are trying to sell a particular grade, in the tank they are all the same, and equally loveable.

Technically they are all just colour variants of the same species so its not a hybrid. Reds, blues, yellows, rillis, (etc etc) are all exactly the same - just as we don't distinguish between eye / hair / skin colour in humans. If you were a commercial breeder who specifically wanted rillis or blues that would end up being a cull. Since you are not a commercial breeder just enjoy the uniqueness.

I have a number of shrimps in my red rilli tank that I can uniquely identify by their "imperfections or blemishes". Some of these have been carried through several generations. It only makes a difference when you are trying to sell a particular grade, in the tank they are all the same, and equally loveable.

Oh he is still loved no differently. I just thought I’d ask the question as he has that special imperfection and stands out so beautifully

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back