Status
Not open for further replies.
Convicts will x with...

Texas
Fire mouth
Sajica
Jade Eye
Jack Dempsey

Please breed responsibly (the fish i mean), and if you do end up with adult spawn eventually, make sure those whom you sell them to know exactly what they are getting. Handing hybrid fish over to your LFS is irresponsible and a danger to the hobby of fish keeping. Have fun. :good:

L:et me rephrase my topic. What small south american cichlids can breed with a convict?

Convicts aren't even south american. They're central american. So trying to get a convict to breed with a south american fish is even more unnatural than trying to cross breed two central american fish.

Heh, perhaps you are not the sort who should be cross breeding fish. :good:

Couldn't agree more.

I know about the hybrids and the do's and donts, I just wanted to know what AMERICAN cichlids or anything else can breed with a convict. The possible offspring would be raised in a 40 G tank with pleco's. I would only do 2 or 3 spawns and feed the low quality fish to my other fish. Then keep the best 4 or so from the spawns and keep them in a much larger tank.

mutants are easy to make :) ul find convicts will readily breed with just about anything
ive perfected my mutant.
so far ive had about 700 Convict+sajica+jade eye hybrid spawn
really really agrressiv:p but really brightly coloured.
good luck with your hybriding

L:et me rephrase my topic. What small south american cichlids can breed with a convict?

Convicts aren't even south american. They're central american. So trying to get a convict to breed with a south american fish is even more unnatural than trying to cross breed two central american fish.

Heh, perhaps you are not the sort who should be cross breeding fish. :good:

Couldn't agree more.

South american to central.....hello texas are from america and convicts are from central america but you can still get a texas Convict...so the chances of central to southern are just as good.

Convicts will x with...

Texas
Fire mouth
Sajica
Jade Eye
Jack Dempsey

salvini
red devil
flower horn

but sajica and jade eye are the same thing no?

No sajica = t bar cichlid.

Have you any pics of con x FH, I have never seen any.

Archocentrus spilurus = jade Eyed Cichlid

Archocentrus sajica = T-Bar Cichlid

no no pics i seen a con/FH on MFK a while back
also seen (and did see the pics of the eggs with thge mum&dad) a red devil x dovii, that there over on MFK in the Hybrid page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back