crested gecko shopping list

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
There is a very high possibility i am getting a crested gecko. crestie owners tell me what i need to add.

1x Thrive Tropical Reptile Terrarium Essentials Kit - 30 gallon ($180)

Includes:
1x 18x18x24 tank with opening front doors
1x mesh screen lid
1x 60-watt daytime blue heat bulb
1x 13-watt tropical UVB bulb
2x 5.5ā€ deep dome lamps
1x thermometer/hygrometer
1x brick of compressed coconut
1x tropical cling background
1x twisted leafy vine
1x suction cup food and water dish

1x (and more in the future) Zoo Med Eco Earth Loose Reptile Substrate (24 qt - $11)

1x (and more in the future) Thrive Tropical Reptile Green Sphagnum Moss (3 qt - $10)

What i already have:
2x small reptile bowls
1x piece of wood (i forget what type but it is crestie safe)

Iā€™m also going to buy a bunch of plants but i donā€™t know how much they cost. Iā€™ll see next time I go to Home Depot. Iā€™m guessing probably $50-75.

Cage setup will be approximately $275 so iā€™m going to wait for Christmas to ask for

There is a very high possibility i am getting a crested gecko. crestie owners tell me what i need to add.

1x Thrive Tropical Reptile Terrarium Essentials Kit - 30 gallon ($180)

Includes:
1x 18x18x24 tank with opening front doors
1x mesh screen lid
1x 60-watt daytime blue heat bulb
1x 13-watt tropical UVB bulb
2x 5.5ā€ deep dome lamps
1x thermometer/hygrometer
1x brick of compressed coconut
1x tropical cling background
1x twisted leafy vine
1x suction cup food and water dish

1x (and more in the future) Zoo Med Eco Earth Loose Reptile Substrate (24 qt - $11)

1x (and more in the future) Thrive Tropical Reptile Green Sphagnum Moss (3 qt - $10)

What i already have:
2x small reptile bowls
1x piece of wood (i forget what type but it is crestie safe)

Iā€™m also going to buy a bunch of plants but i donā€™t know how much they cost. Iā€™ll see next time I go to Home Depot. Iā€™m guessing probably $50-75.

Cage setup will be approximately $275 so iā€™m going to wait for Christmas to ask for
you have trader joes near you?
they offer a lot of houseplants in small and very very cheap portions....
dont own one, but want one....

i just know a whole lot about plants.
home depot is kinda expensive in terms of houseplants.
pothos looks cool. ask someone you know for a cutting of it with one node.
some small ferns are good too.

also mosses would look cool and be nice for your little guy too!

you have trader joes near you?
they offer a lot of houseplants in small and very very cheap portions....
dont own one, but want one....

i just know a whole lot about plants.
home depot is kinda expensive in terms of houseplants.
pothos looks cool. ask someone you know for a cutting of it with one node.
some small ferns are good too.

also mosses would look cool and be nice for your little guy too!
i do have a trader joeā€™s but we donā€™t go there often. iā€™ll ask if we can go there once i get the tank. i had a pothos like a month ago but i gave it away to someone who lives very far away. now i wish i kept it.

i do have a trader joeā€™s but we donā€™t go there often. iā€™ll ask if we can go there once i get the tank. i had a pothos like a month ago but i gave it away to someone who lives very far away. now i wish i kept it.
lol!
just go there and get like the plants, the most expensive is a 20 dollar rare orchid (yesterday i checked)
i got a nice lil fern for 10 dollars
right now they have a really good selection of houseplants for 6 dollars each varying in species
a lot of them are peperomia, which i think the gecko would like the broad leaf version
there is a monstera and a fig tree, which both grow very big and i wouldnt reccomend.
theres also tillandisa and asparagus fern (very messy and can grow big)
alligator ferns have nice leaves and grow a lot
i think any broad leaf would go well with it
maybe you could grow a monstera out of the tank, who knows

lol!
just go there and get like the plants, the most expensive is a 20 dollar rare orchid (yesterday i checked)
i got a nice lil fern for 10 dollars
right now they have a really good selection of houseplants for 6 dollars each varying in species
a lot of them are peperomia, which i think the gecko would like the broad leaf version
there is a monstera and a fig tree, which both grow very big and i wouldnt reccomend.
theres also tillandisa and asparagus fern (very messy and can grow big)
alligator ferns have nice leaves and grow a lot
i think any broad leaf would go well with it
maybe you could grow a monstera out of the tank, who knows
i think i want pothos, bromeliad, polka dot plant, croton, and maybe lemon button fern. next time you go to traders check for me if they have any of those. if they do then maybe tell me the price.

Pothos are highly toxic to some animals (I know cats are in that group) will they affect a gecko..?

i think i want pothos, bromeliad, polka dot plant, croton, and maybe lemon button fern. next time you go to traders check for me if they have any of those. if they do then maybe tell me the price.
Ok! Could you dm me a photo of each? Never heard of anything after bromeliad
If you want a bromeliad, you can twist the top off a pineapple, wash it, put it in water until it grows a bit of roots, and plant it. Pretty sure pineapples are bromeliadsā€¦
Theres always a lot of bromeliad at Home Depot and they arent pcerpriced

Pangea makes good powder diet mixes for fruit eating geckos. You can use it as part of the regular rotation or just keep it on hand in case your pet store runs out of feeder insects. Will also probably want to get supplies for keeping the feeders like a cricket pen, maybe cricket food/water gel (or you can make your own food and supply fruit for moisture), and multivitamin and calcium supplement powder to dust the insects with before feeding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back