Cream cheese

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fiori

Fishaholic
Reaction score
When I did my weekly tank clean and sand vac, I disturbed a lump of stuff amongst some small stones, which looked exactly like a small piece of feta cheese - a crumbly and white lump, about half cm long.

Any ideas what it is? :dunno: I know I did'nt put it there.

Probably food that was uneaten and began rotting. Or someone did add some cream cheese to your tank. :p

I feed flake food and some frozen, but I can't see how it could have gotten to that size. Wierd!! :blink: Oh well, I'll change a little more water tomorrow to be on the safe side.

I saw something like that in my tank once.... There's a lighthood sitting on the little door in the hood of my 29 gallon, so I always put their food in through the gap in the back where the filter attaches to the tank to avoid having to move the lights... apparently some of that food stuck to the damp surface of the filter lid and it looking exactly like a big clump of feta :sick:

I think I need a new more powerful gravel vac then - it looks :sick:

It's probably just a piece of rotting.....something, either food or a part of a dead fish.

i get that same junk on my tank all the time! It's real crusty and hard to get off...

I have to go with everyone else here. Something that is rotting...

Ah Hah!! I have finally sussed out what the white stuff is. Its the remnants of a substrate plant fertiliser tablet! Duh! Do I feel Stoopid! :lol:

I think they're supposed to dissolve slowly over a couple of months. I use liquid feed too, but as I have sand as my substrate I need something for my root plants, like my swords.

I just never thought about them when I found the white lump. :whistle:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back