Crazy Stories Thread

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So here's something that happened to me about a year ago.

I was working on getting my church's phone to forward to another line that could be answered from home.
After I got it set up I wanted to test it.
I called my church's number on my phone and I didn't hear it ring. I waited for a second and suddenly I heard two voices talking.

Voice 1: "so are you sure he's dead?"
Voice 2: "yeah I'm sure"
Voice 1: "OK. Write the note now. They ask fewer questions if you write the note."
Voice 2: "OK"

Then I made a noise and the phone disconnected.
Strange right?
Maybe they just killed a steer and wanted to make sure everybody knew what time the barbecue would be. 😵‍💫

Okay, trying to choose an interesting story. Hmm.

I think if I happen to do multiple stories I'll try and do it in chronological order. So I guess this one begins when my mom was still pregnant with me.

When my parents realized that they were going to have a baby, they had to start preparing. My mom and grandma went out shopping for supplies, and as the jokester that my grandmother is, she said: "We should buy two sets of clothes, and prank everyone that you are going to have twins!"
Still not really sure if they went through with it or not, but definitely told everyone that they had thought about doing it.
Well, some time after, my mom was having an ultrasound, and everything was looking good, baby sounded healthy. But then the doctor pauses, kinda confused, and says something about an "echo" with the heartbeat. A few minutes later and it is confirmed!
My parents were expecting identical twin girls.
Family wasn't sure if they were telling the truth at first, wondered if my parents were having a bad go at the joke again. My uncles flat out said they weren't believing it until they saw it.

It's just a hilarious story about how they joked about twins, and then it happened!

I think if I happen to do multiple stories I'll try and do it in chronological order. So I guess this one begins when my mom was still pregnant with me.

When my parents realized that they were going to have a baby, they had to start preparing. My mom and grandma went out shopping for supplies, and as the jokester that my grandmother is, she said: "We should buy two sets of clothes, and prank everyone that you are going to have twins!"
Still not really sure if they went through with it or not, but definitely told everyone that they had thought about doing it.
Well, some time after, my mom was having an ultrasound, and everything was looking good, baby sounded healthy. But then the doctor pauses, kinda confused, and says something about an "echo" with the heartbeat. A few minutes later and it is confirmed!
Family wasn't sure if they were telling the truth at first, wondered if my parents were having a bad go at the joke again. My uncles flat out said they weren't believing it until they saw it.

It's just a hilarious story about how they joked about twins, and then it happened!
So I guess you are a twin?

I was walking in from milking our dwarf goats with my dad. It was spring, and pitch black out. There was a scream in the woods behind the barn. We stopped in our tracks disturbed. Again, a horrible scream. The screaming continued until they faded away into the bog. (There is a bog behind a small field and a patch of woods behind the barn.) We went into the house a bit disturbed and told the family. We never did find out what happened.

A few days ago, our family went on a fishing trip. It was late, and the sun was about to set- the best fishing time for that lake. There was a pickup parked in the lot, without a boat trailer and the driver was no were in sight. I walked over to the shore and saw 3 ripped pieces of what was a yellow t-shirt. While we were fishing, we saw a kayak on the other side of the lake. When we got back and were loading up, I went around a bend on the road and there was another piece of the yellow shirt hanging on a stick in the woods.

I was walking in from milking our dwarf goats with my dad. It was spring, and pitch black out. There was a scream in the woods behind the barn. We stopped in our tracks disturbed. Again, a horrible scream. The screaming continued until they faded away into the bog. (There is a bog behind a small field and a patch of woods behind the barn.) We went into the house a bit disturbed and told the family. We never did find out what happened.
There are a weird number of wild animals that make a very human-like scream, often when they're looking for love or staking out their territories. Foxes, raccoons, and various owls, among others. One time we heard something screaming like a banshee out in our pasture about every ten minutes, for two nights in a row. The third night I finally grabbed a flashlight and went outside to figure out what was making all the racket. The sound really creeped me out and I must admit going out there made my hair prickle up a bit...but eventually fear gets overruled by the need to get some sleep. It was a great horned owl, sitting on our power pole. No idea what he was yelling about. I chased it off and it never came back. I've never heard one make a sound like that, before or since.

A few days ago, our family went on a fishing trip. It was late, and the sun was about to set- the best fishing time for that lake. There was a pickup parked in the lot, without a boat trailer and the driver was no were in sight. I walked over to the shore and saw 3 ripped pieces of what was a yellow t-shirt. While we were fishing, we saw a kayak on the other side of the lake. When we got back and were loading up, I went around a bend on the road and there was another piece of the yellow shirt hanging on a stick in the woods.
Hey, everybody, time to go!

There are a weird number of wild animals that make a very human-like scream, often when they're looking for love or staking out their territories. Foxes, raccoons, and various owls, among others. One time we heard something screaming like a banshee out in our pasture about every ten minutes, for two nights in a row. The third night I finally grabbed a flashlight and went outside to figure out what was making all the racket. The sound really creeped me out and I must admit going out there made my hair prickle up a bit...but eventually fear gets overruled by the need to get some sleep. It was a great horned owl, sitting on our power pole. No idea what he was yelling about. I chased it off and it never came back. I've never heard one make a sound like that, before or since.

The most human sounding scream I’ve heard is a cougar

That's awesome!
So you have an identical twin? That's epic!

My husband is an identical twin. But his parents didn't know they were expecting twins until after the first one was born. No scans back in the 1950s, and the midwives never heard a heartbeat so they didn't even know if the baby was alive when his mother was induced at 34 weeks as she was so ill.

Lol, I'm guessing it was a dear. We have timber wolves back there and have found several dear remains. Them dear can make some awful bad noises when destressed lol.. Rabbits too believe it or not.. Also, that's not the first time we've heard screaming from the back field- in the daytime too.

Yeah, leaving the country....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back