crayfish question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

val

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
A little while after my crayfish's first molt in the aquarium, two platties disappeared. I managed to find a small chunk of one of them. Apparently, he ate both of them in one night. :sick: The crayfish, Sebastian, is only, oh, 3 inches long. Could his stomach hold two teenage platties or did my bristle nose female pleco and/or mystery fish(see post in tropical fish forum) have something to do with it?
Just wanting to solve this mystery,
Valerie :/

My moneys on the 3 inch cray. they like to eat and platy's make good food. he really needs a tank of his own or he will continue to kill your fish. oh yes, he could eat 2 mid sized platy's in a day. I had a 3 1/2 channel catfish that ate 5 neons and 4 cherry barbs in one evening.

You have to admit they're really cool looking, especially when you get them free from the pet store because it snuck in with the goldfish and they don't have a price. :)

Valerie

what?! free???? then i would'nt mind to have 1! i can get a 10 gallon tank for $10!!!!!!!! that would be enough for a crafish! and i can make nice setup of it! like sand and fake plants and even some ornaments! and i would still have leftover $$$ oh my god free crayfish... r they the blue 1s?

I'm not sure, yet. He'll have to go through a couple of molts first. The Australian and Florida blue crayfish are sometimes brown. Maybe you'll find a free one at Petsmart, too.
Here's a link to a good crustacean site with some great pics of the blue ones: shrimpcrabsandcrayfish.co.uk

Hope that link works,
Valerie :)

P.S.
You got a tank for ten dollars! I'm so jealous :X :p

yep your cray has eaten the fish the maolting might have got his appitite going a bit. they normally just eat the stomach and only sleeping fish tend to get eaten. them or sick fish. should have fed it better with sinking meat wafers then it wouldnt have gone for the live possibly... tho there is no garantee posibly best to keep the cray in a small speicies tank with only floating plants. they have a tendancy to uproot or agressively prune plants.

He already ate my two live plants. So glad the others are plastic. I'll try to find those meat wafer thingies. Last time, I couldn't find any wafers that weren't algae based.
I was thinking about getting a larger tank so the crayfish would have more space and not confront any other fish.

Valerie

What's 10 canadian dollars in American money? :lol:

10 canadian dollars mean 10 canadian money...

if ur crayfish can talk they'll probablly say this if he tried to eat the fake plants :D "ow, why can't i eat it??? mayby i'm gonna look for more fishies now, ummmmmmm yummy!" but i can't let my owner knows, or else i'm in deep sh##, shoot! there he is!" " *pretend to be sleeping*" :lol:

Kev :p

hopefully not i would say as a rule of thumb that anything thats less than half the size of the cray fish might be in danger... some people will say anything is in danger but i would say chuck in a few feeder fish once in a while guppys mollys and plattys that sort of thing.

heh here is my impression of allot of the readers -_- :huh: :eek: :crazy: :look: :-( no he didnt say :X :-(

:lol: :lol: mwahahahahaha im evil :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back