Crayfish problem

Michy_67

Reaction score
We have a blue 5-6 m/o crayfish. He hasnā€™t molted once since we got him. He was in a tank with a Cichlid and a goldfish until the Cichlid ate the goldfish and got ich. I did a 90% water change. I put the Cichlid in a holding tank until he was treated(one week later). We started seeing small white worms on the glass of the tank weeks later. Heā€™s been lethargic. He eats shrimp pellets, wafers, and peas.. thereā€™s a cuddle bone in the tank as well. He had some stuff on his shell(not worms) which was lightly brushed off. Thereā€™s a few brownish red spots on his shell.

Small white worms on the glass are usually detritus worms that live in the gravel. They come out of the gravel if the water quality is off or there are chemicals/ pollutants in the water. The best way to treat them is to do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

ā€¦ I put the Cichlid in a holding tank until he was treated(one week later). We started seeing small white worms on the glass of the tank weeks later. Heā€™s been lethargic. He eats shrimp pellets, wafers, and peas.. thereā€™s a cuddle bone in the tank as well...
Who is lethargic, the cichlid or crayfish?

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. The same info applies to crayfish, shrimp, crabs, or anything that lives in an aquarium. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have some spare time.

Small white worms on the glass are usually detritus worms that live in the gravel. They come out of the gravel if the water quality is off or there are chemicals/ pollutants in the water. The best way to treat them is to do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Who is lethargic, the cichlid or crayfish?

The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. The same info applies to crayfish, shrimp, crabs, or anything that lives in an aquarium. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have some spare time.
My crayfish ever died bacause of aquatic worm inside their body, eating it from inside out.

My crayfish die because it can't move one of it claw
I heard about brown dot on crayfish before in a crayfish group on facebook
they said the dot will grow bigger and kill the crayfish

Most reactions

trending

Back