Cray Fish Info needed...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im not really sure if a cray fish is an oddball but i didnt know where to put this so i figured i would try here. I am really interested in getting a Cray fish for my 30 gallon tank. Alrady in the tank is a Black Convict, 2 Pictus Cats, and a Pleco. Will the crayfish eat any of those. I would also like to get snails but ive read that the crayfush will eat snails. Is that true. Any info will be greatly apreciated.

When I had Cray Fish in my 38 they got both of my Pictus Cats along with a few other fish. They will pretty much eat anything they can catch. I do love em though! Very neat little bottom dwellers....I used to watch mine all the time. :nod:

The Pleco and maybe Pictus would disappear. If you want a Crayfish get a 15 or 10 Gallon (UK) and set that up and he will happily live in the tank own his own or with hatchets or a butterflyfish.

Fish and crayfish do not make a happy mix, the crayfish will catch and eat any bottom dwelling or slow moving fish and other fish will just see the crayfish as a lively snack. As suggested if you want to keep a crayfish buy a cheap 15 or 20 gallon set up and keep it as a species tank.

Doesn't have to be species. As long as the fish are fast and dwell at the top and never go to the bottom for long periods (slepping, eating etc.) they will be fine, like butterflyfish and hatchets

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back