Crabs???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Doggfather

Al Bundy
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
hey, i was thinking of setting up a species tank with crabs in a 10 gal i'm going to be getting soon, and would like to know what type of crabs there are, and in what conditions they should be kept

The only two I know of that can go in your tank would be the Red Clawed Crab, or RCC, and the Mini Crab, which may not even be a type. I have one mini crab in my 12 gallon tank, and he is one of my favorite creatures in that tank. He has soo much personality and is really fun to watch!! Just don't use had-a-snail with a crab and don't have any really small, really slow moving fish because some crabs might decide to eat one for lunch. I keep mine in temp. of about 77 F and give him lots of caves because he hides for a while during the day. Make sure that the caves are not really big for it though because they might feel insecure. I would say if you get crabs to only get 1 male and 1 female or 2 females because males tend to fight. Males have a large claw and females do not. HTH!! :D
~Aqua~

I don't know about fiddler crabs but as kt said red clawed are good, but mini crabs aren't a real breed so I don't know what kind of crab they really are but I had one once and it did good until it died.

Most reactions

Back