Crab discussion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tdins_2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i was at my lfs last week buying mr brown ghost when i saw a brab a fiddler i think just standing there in his lttle tank in about a inch of water no gravel just stareing r they easy to take care of and farely cheap and what do i need to accomidate 1

I had 3 red clawed crab. I don't feed them at all since they'll just pick off what's left on the floor or chomp on your live plants.

Sorry Loveless, but you need to feed them crabs! :)

They just wont survive on scraps, they will get hungry, aggressive and stressed.
They love mixed algae/fish meal pellets like those for corydoras cats, bloodworms and some veggies and fruits.

The fiddlers are quite easily cared for in an aqua-terranium setup, a beach of sand or fine gravel is best, as they roam on land more than red claw crabs. They will sometimes sit on a high surface and wave the large claw (males) to signal to females and mark territory, but you can pretend they are waving at you B)

The same diet as above will suit them well, but remember, water quality must be very good for crabs, so dont let the water stagnate :)

Ken

but you can pretend they are waving at you B)

:kira: :kira: :kira: :kira: :kira:

What? you mean all this time I thought my fish were waving at me they weren't?? It's like being told that Santa doesn't really exist...my world is shattered!!

i got my red clawed crab the other week, hes sooooooo cool he actualy took the algea wafer from the mouth of my albinow rainbow shark... he created such a show wavin his claws around and runnin backwards and forwards my alibino didnt know what was happenin :blink: he scampered away leavin the algea tablet where it lay and mr clicks came along and dragged it under his rock, defendin it from the mollies lmao

he also tried to climb up my bogwood backwards slipped an got stuck between the bogwood an tank glas... iv now had to move it

the other night i was on a 12 hr shift i came in an my bf said mr clicks was standin on my rock landscapin doin a rocky jumpin up an down with arms in the air as if hed climbed a mountain :kira: thinkin of changin his name to rocky bowboa hehehe

*does rocky tune der der derrrrrrrrrrrrrr derder derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr derder derrrrrrrrrrrrrr derder derrrrrrrrrr dududu dudu***

Ken_g_w said:
Sorry Loveless, but you need to feed them crabs! :)

They just wont survive on scraps, they will get hungry, aggressive and stressed.
They love mixed algae/fish meal pellets like those for corydoras cats, bloodworms and some veggies and fruits.

The fiddlers are quite easily cared for in an aqua-terranium setup, a beach of sand or fine gravel is best, as they roam on land more than red claw crabs. They will sometimes sit on a high surface and wave the large claw (males) to signal to females and mark territory, but you can pretend they are waving at you B)

The same diet as above will suit them well, but remember, water quality must be very good for crabs, so dont let the water stagnate :)

Ken
mine seems to do fine living on just scraps. when they get hungry sometimes they'll fight for sinking pellets or simply chomp on my plants. That's my experience

so will they just live in the bottom of my aqarium or do i have to have driftwood or a rock sticking out of the water and how much r alge tablets?

oh ya in my tank in about the middle i have a large flat rock standing on end with a piece of pvc pipe with 2 other smaller rocks covering the pipe with a fake plant somehow made look right into this pile but ne way the pipe is specificaly for my brown ghost and he sleeps there all day will a red claw crab push him out stess or agravate him?

oh ya and before i buy him im gonna put a large piece of drift wood sticking out of the water weaving in and out of rocks

tdins_2 said:
oh ya and before i buy him im gonna put a large piece of drift wood sticking out of the water weaving in and out of rocks
my black ghost knife will attack anyone that's too close to his cave. This included the poor little crabs and everyone seems to have learned their lesson after a few days.

the red claw crab, will live under water only but would do better with some land above surface. Mine always climb above water from the filter intake. At first I thought they were going to run away but they always stay in the same spot and willing go back into the water so I stop bothering them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back