Could this possibly be Lymphocystis?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

HarpyFishLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello again! It's been a while since I've been on here, but I have another question.

In late March, my first betta died, leaving me with an empty tank to fill. About a week later, I bought a dragonscale betta I named Tilly. He had ich the day I bought him, but I didn't notice until he broke out in giant white spots a few days later. I think I made a thread about it; I don't remember, though. Well, he's got it again. This time, though, one of his scales looks weird. And it's not just the ich.

I can't post pictures at the moment, but I will ASAP, but I'm very concerned he has lymphocystus. He has a large white spot and his scale right there is raised, just like the other thread I followed for a year started like. I just noticed it two days ago, so I'm going to ask NOW in case there's something I can do to stop it.

Some life issues have made it extremely hard for me to vacuum his tank, so I'm supposing that's probably where the ich at least came from, plus he's not been so healthy lately... First thing Wednesday I'm going to vacuum it.

Four gallon Baby BiOrb, I've had it since January. I recently got a bunch of new decorations because I was afraid he was getting depressed, as he had only one plant because he ate his others. Not sure why he ate them. But OKAAAY.... I don't have a thermometer but the temperature SHOULD be 78 degrees. If the heater is working right, which it seems to be. Ammonia is probably about .25-ish, like I said, it needs to be vacuumed. Nitrite and nitrate are 0, chlorine 0, pH 7.8.

I'll post pictures in a few minutes. Also, could you please refresh my memory on how warm it needs to get? I'm going to start the ich treatment today.

So sorry about the quality, this was the best I could get on my phone with a very unphotogenic betta.
20170911_135312.jpg

You can barely see it. It's just above his eye and slightly behind. No, that's not a bubble.

hmmm, its almost like it could possibly be an infected area due to it scratching to try and rid its self from the itch.

Sorry it's been so long. I got busy. I think that might have been a burn or something -- his heater broke, keeping the tank at 89° F. I bought a new one. He's been doing better since I got it in, but he's still got ich. I'm going to let him settle a bit then start the ich treatment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back