Could I put corys in my tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I hve a 500l with an Oscar and 4 electric blue acara and a sailfin pleco , I wanted to add 5-10 silver Dollars and 5-10 salt and pepper corys , I’m thinking the SDs will be ok but not too sure about corys are they just lunch ?

Lunch for the Oscar - what about Hoplos?

Would I be pushing the bio load ?or would my stocking be ok at say 5 silver dollars and 5 Hoplo with my current stock

Yes depending on which type of silver dollars you get - if you got the spotted ones you could probably get 6/7 as they are smaller than others red hooks can get very big and same with hoplos there are a few species of that type that range from 5-8 inches. Would look a great tank too!

Yes depending on which type of silver dollars you get - if you got the spotted ones you could probably get 6/7 as they are smaller than others red hooks can get very big and same with hoplos there are a few species of that type that range from 5-8 inches. Would look a great tank too!
I was thinking more red hook but it’s what my fish store has in stock I guess they are unpredictable lol

Have you planned that trip to wharf aquatics yet haha! I think they have some spotted ones in at the moment

That oscar would be eating good. The hoplos are a much better choice!

Have you planned that trip to wharf aquatics yet haha! I think they have some spotted ones in at the moment
I am off work all this week and do get paid tomorrow and a trip to Nottingham would only take a hour il see how motivated I feel come tomorrow I fear I might be like a kid in a sweet shop though lol

I am off work all this week and do get paid tomorrow and a trip to Nottingham would only take a hour il see how motivated I feel come tomorrow I fear I might be like a kid in a sweet shop though lol
As long as you don't buy another oscar ;) ;)........

Haha you will come back with something crazy they have some adult datanoids in at the moment! £350 each tho...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back