Could a dream come true?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So luckily chores aroumd the house have picked up which means a little more money... I also plan on selling off a toy I've kept wayyy too long... I just never got around to it. I should be able to make a nice amount of money, probably around $70-$80

Yesterday's haul is in. These are a 15 and 30g tanks. Older setup, but got tetra whisper filter that's not old at all. Both tanks include cover + lights. The light on the 15g is ancient however I found that the previous owner put an LED strip light on it and it works just fine. I'm about to clean them up. I'm thinking I'll transfer the dwarf gourami to the 15g, it's longer and wider, so more space and I'm thinking I'm going to visit the quirky lfs nearby and try to trade the 30g for something. Feeling like those guys that pick stuff up from storage places or hoarders' homes 🤣

Come to Boston then @Rocky998 you can take this 30g tank if you want it
Yah, but my parents would travel no more than 45 minutes for an aquarium... I wish I could, Boston is cool but I really just can't. Thanks though lol. I will just keep checking offerup and craigslist... Maybe try to use FB marketplace

I got that freebie app and today I got a notification for a FREE 45G aquarium about 45 mins to an hour away from me... Sadly its before the end of this month so I cant pick it up... That thing is gonna be gooooone. But maybe no one will see it lol... Thats a lot to hope for but hopefully all fingers crossed, it will still be available. My mom says she makes no promises that after this month I would be able to have a bigger tank which is reasonable. She says that there is a ton to do around the house so I may not be able to... I'm really hoping for a miracle 😅

I got that freebie app and today I got a notification for a FREE 45G aquarium about 45 mins to an hour away from me... Sadly its before the end of this month so I cant pick it up... That thing is gonna be gooooone. But maybe no one will see it lol... Thats a lot to hope for but hopefully all fingers crossed, it will still be available. My mom says she makes no promises that after this month I would be able to have a bigger tank which is reasonable. She says that there is a ton to do around the house so I may not be able to... I'm really hoping for a miracle 😅
Message the people, ask if they can hold it. Some are patient, others are in a hurry for different reasons. Just try, you'll get it, now or later, I'm sure of it. Good luck! 👍🏼

I asked my mom about that on the last one and her response was understandable. She said: "We do not know where we will be at next month and if we will be able to set up a larger tank, its best to just wait". Those aren't her EXACT words, but she did say something close to that. And it makes sense. I do not know whether or not I will be able to care for a larger tank when by next month. Its too much for me to ask for them to hold it and then find out that I cant get it due to life... So I cant do that... For now I'm just a kid looking at all the treats in a bakery wishing I could just have one donut.

I was looking around online for live fish for sale in my area to see what the market was like and then I found something close to my dream tank... Its a 36x24x12 (LxHxW)... The description says that they are done with fish and don't have time and it comes with a heater and filter pump... Also its located right in my city Its listed for $25!!! Thats right, $25!!! Way better than paying $270 at my LPS.... My mom was a bit hesitant but now my parents are like: "We'll talk about it". If I can get that tank, I can get a lot more gudgeons and be able to provide a better habitat. Also I could run my current filter on it for it to be low flow. I looked up how much it holds and it holds 45-50 US gallons.... Pretty sweet deal! I could have way more variety of fish in there than in here ir just up schooling sizes in general... This is just a hopeful thought for now but I really hope I can do it...
i find it unlikely that it will be available for more than a few days. cheap tanks go super fast.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back