Could a dream come true?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Like Naughts said you’ll need a 200W heater. If you get this tank, I’ll donate a heater to the cause, free of charge.
Are you sure? I really appreciate the offer but I would hate to "steal" that from you.

I would just not get the heater now especially as a gift because I'm not getting this tank until next month due to events happening in the near future... But I really hope there are no aquarists in my area looking for a cheap tank 😬

I would just not get the heater now especially as a gift because I'm not getting this tank until next month due to events happening in the near future... But I really hope there are no aquarists in my area looking for a cheap tank 😬
i can almost 100% guarantee you it will be gone

It might be but my mom wont let me make any sort of move on it until after the events at the end of this month... So it may be gone... But maybe those faries @GaryE were talking about will do something 😅

It might be but my mom wont let me make any sort of move on it until after the events at the end of this month... So it may be gone... But maybe those faries @GaryE were talking about will do
5D9BA01A-16DF-496E-ACAC-A024A9BA3400.gif

If you insulate the tank (1-2 inches of polystyrene foam under the base, and on the back and sides, as well as coverglass), the 100 watt heater might be enough to get the water up 7 degrees F. However, long term you want a 200 watt heater in that amount of water.

If you insulate the tank (1-2 inches of polystyrene foam under the base, and on the back and sides, as well as coverglass), the 100 watt heater might be enough to get the water up 7 degrees F. However, long term you want a 200 watt heater in that amount of water.
Thanks! My mom is regretting not getting a mat for under this tank but now sense I may be upgrading, maybe she can get a mat for it! Hey! This could be a selling point to my mom LOL

Thanks! My mom is regretting not getting a mat for under this tank but now sense I may be upgrading, maybe she can get a mat for it! Hey! This could be a selling point to my mom LOL
I had a beautiful, antique dresser. I went out and put a fish tank on it and utterly destroyed the top with water damage. Luckily Periwinkle and Penelope’s bird cage covers it, but I regret it… was the tank worth it though??? Absolutely.

Last edited:
When I was about 14, my parents bought me a beautiful, antique dresser. I went out and put a fish tank on it and utterly destroyed the top with water damage. Luckily Periwinkle and Penelope’s bird cage covers it, but I regret it… was the tank worth it though??? Absolutely.
Lol... I've been looking at other fish options if I do get this tank. Of course I would add on more peacock gudgeons but I almost want to see about getting a trio of pearl gourami? Idk if its a good option but if not then I guess I will just keep looking... Although I really really like pearl gourami.

Lol... I've been looking at other fish options if I do get this tank. Of course I would add on more peacock gudgeons but I almost want to see about getting a trio of pearl gourami? Idk if its a good option but if not then I guess I will just keep looking... Although I really really like pearl gourami.
Pearl gourami are stunning, and supposedly one of the more peaceful types. I don’t know enough about peacock gudgeons to give any opinions though.

Pearl gourami are stunning, and supposedly one of the more peaceful types. I don’t know enough about peacock gudgeons to give any opinions though.
I know the fish would most likely get along, what I am concerned about though is the tank size... If its big enough for 3 Pearl gourami and peacock gudgeons plus a small schooling fish... Or what if I did dwarf rainbow fish? I'd have to research them more

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back