cottonmouth?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
has anyone's fish ever had cottonmouth?

2 of my tiger barilius have a little white puff on on their bottom lip. also, my pair of bleeding heart tetras do as well. after looking around on the internet for fish diseases/problems, it seems that maybe it's cottonmouth. i explained the symptom to my LFS and they guy suggested I get anti-fungal medicine, so that's what i am doing.

just wanted to know if anyone else has ever encountered this, and what you did to resolve it. also, how serious could it be?

- Kip

Use the medicine and if it doesn't work - get something else. Fungal infection usually end up with dead fish unless treated quickly.

I started treating the water the other day with anti-fungal medicice. supposed to treat the water 3 times over five days (every other day). today will be day two. cross your fingers for me.

weird thing is the ozola barbs that seem to be infected aren't acting strange or sick at all. they are wild as they ever were. shouldn't fungus infected fish be at least a little chilled out?

- kip

:eek: hey I did a big post on this not very long ago - please check it out
cottonmouth is NOT a fungal disease, therefore your treatment will not be helping and in fact could be making it worse.

cottonmouth

one of our harlequins died from this a few days ago we tryed to save him but the disease had pretty much overtaken him b4 we realised he was sick and could treat him,read that thread! it helped us out! even though our fishies died - unfortunately if yours arent eating then they will probly die - get them out of the community tank ASAP, and do a major water change - heat helps the bacteria multiply so dont bump that up.

GOODLUCK !! :thumbs:

Starry^

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back