Planted 52

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Did some bits this morning - getting closer to what I had in mind. Removed majority of anacharis now and left a couple of stems as a souvenir.
Moved the crypts over so hope they don't melt :crazy:
Amazon swords seem to be taking their time/struggling.. they do have some TNC tabs dotted around them. tbh they were quite poor when I got them, only 2-3 leaves on them.
Airline wants tidying up and I could do with a better solution for keeping floating plants in place.
Once again, need to be patient now and let it grow into place :whistle:
View attachment 111401
I love your tank so much. It's really growing in well, the vals are starting to canopy! Between the scape and the cories being cute, could look at this for hours.

View attachment 111660View attachment 111659
I love your tank so much. It's really growing in well, the vals are starting to canopy! Between the scape and the cories being cute, could look at this for hours.
Screenshot_20200804_010324.jpg

You should enter your tank in this month's Tank of the Month contest which features tanks sized at 30 US gallons and larger. It doesnt matter if you're not at your final goal, you can always re enter at a later date to show off your progress.

Anyone familiar with removing the rubber(?) trim from the top edge of a tank (fluval roma in this case)?

Is there a reason you want to remove the trim? This protects the glass from chipping and even cracking if something hard should accidentally hit the frame--and it does happen.

Is there a reason you want to remove the trim? This protects the glass from chipping and even cracking if something hard should accidentally hit the frame--and it does happen.
Purely just for cosmetic reasons .. I'll bare in mind what youve said and sleep on it

Came back from the LFS today with..... 13 Odessa!
A few hours in and I'm slightly concerned that, even though I asked for a 50/50 mix, most (10) appear to be male :crazy: that's not good is it?

Did you leave it to the shop worker to choose them? We all know what that means :(
Correct... To be fair I almost took all their stock of them, so she mustn't have had many to choose from. I think I'll call them tomorrow and see what they can do. I don't fancy attempting to catch any in my tank itd be a nightmare lol

She might have thought she was doing you a favour by giving you the 'prettiest' ones ;) But if she caught them at random, if there were equal numbers in the tank you should have almost half and half by the law of averages. Maybe there were a lot more males than females in the tank.

Perhaps it's too early to tell? But most appear to have the red 'stripe' and the internet tells me females don't?

image3A14929_chroma.jpg

The Amazon Swords on the left have settled in now and I'm at stage where I'm having to remove vallis if it creeps too far forward.
Still not happy with the crypts, think I might just replace then completely - not sure what with.. suggestions?

The barbs have relaxed a little and they no longer dive into vallis whenever someone enters the room.
I need to get used to their belligerent behaviour to another which is quite the opposite of the corys. And the more I look the more it looks as though I have all males.. hopefully this doesn't become a problem.

Why not try moving one of the crypts into that gap between the grass like stuff on the front left? I think you might like it more if it's mixed up among other plants that it contrasts with.

Glad the odessas are becoming less shy! I don't know much about the male/female ratio and potential issues with that I'm afraid. The tank is looking amazing though! It's really so much more grown in, I love it :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back