Corys and asian stone catfish compatability

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Monty2451

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 35 gallon (20 " x 20") cube tank with a school of 10 mixed corys (elegant and julii). I want to get a small school of stone catfish as well (5 or so). My concern is that the stone cats may be too docile to compete with the corys for food. Will the stone cats be ok with them, or will they be outcompeted and starve to death?

I've not kept them together but I share your concern about feeding, and would say no.

As Hara jerdoni is a slooooooow swimmer you can't house it with "regular" or active bottom dwellers so Hara could not compete for food. Also it prefer a rather cold water below 23°C (73.4°F).

Corydoras julii and elegans will periodically and fairly regularly swim quickly to the surface to get a breath of air.

I would say it is feasable but not recommended.

As Hara jerdoni is a slooooooow swimmer you can't house it with "regular" or active bottom dwellers so Hara could not compete for food. Also it prefer a rather cold water below 23°C (73.4°F).

Corydoras julii and elegans will periodically and fairly regularly swim quickly to the surface to get a breath of air.

I would say it is feasable but not recommended.
I agree. Thank you for the input. I've opted to not get them.

I agree. Thank you for the input. I've opted to not get them.
👏👍👏👍
As they are tiny, nothing prevents you from dedicating them a 50 liters (minimum) with reconstitution of their biotope and put in 10-12 individuals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back