Corydoras wont stop dying

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you are as much as a nerd as me you can make a spreadsheet; in months to come the data will tell you what to expect your pH to be and what changes you have made that have altered it. You can monitor how stable your nitrate levels are and get some idea as to what might have caused any ammonia/nitrite spikes. Eventually you may only actually measure stuff when stuff goes wrong, but you will always have the initial spreadsheet.

And I agree - ignore pH to an extent, it's not unimportant, but anything you do to alter it will more than likely make things worse.

^^ This ^^

We've gotten the water safe for your fish, let's let them settle into their new healthy environment

Forget about ph for now; observe the fish, feed in moderation, and if you go 3 days with 0 AMM, ITES, AND ATES (a bit of nitrates won't hurt one bit), you can skip daily testing for those params...just BE CERTAIN to schedule weekly WC's, for proper tank maintenance....50% each week is a good, average amount, for most tanks...maintain your BB colony on the media by keeping it wet at all times, rinse media in old tank water only...and don't forget to add conditioner.....:p

Again, good job finishing off a cycle, your diligence has paid off, and on behalf of your fish, THANK YOU ;)
Thank you!! I'll definitely be testing everyday until I go a few days with 0! I appreciate all of your help, it made a huge difference. I'm just happy I can go back to 50% everyweek, and that I managed to save some fish :)

So thank you everyone alot ❤

Thank you!! I'll definitely be testing everyday until I go a few days with 0! I appreciate all of your help, it made a huge difference. I'm just happy I can go back to 50% everyweek, and that I managed to save some fish :)

So thank you everyone alot ❤
More than welcome.

I'm a bit lost...........

post#19 :
Gh is 7
Kh is 8
Ph is 7.6

post#46 : Gh is 8 and pH is 7.8 out of the tap.

Do not forget OP is running airstones and airstone raises pH as long as it is below 8.4 and OP is 7.8 tapwater and 7.6 tankwater.....

I'm a bit lost...........

post#19 :
Gh is 7
Kh is 8
Ph is 7.6

post#46 : Gh is 8 and pH is 7.8 out of the tap.

Do not forget OP is running airstones and airstone raises pH as long as it is below 8.4 and OP is 7.8 tapwater and 7.6 tankwater.....
Post 19 was the parameters of my tank

Ppst 46 was parameters of my tap which were a bit different

I so think this airstone is responsible for high pH as I explained it in some previous posts.
If your fishes are doing well, please do this : switch off airstone, then :
- test pH just before putting light on.
- test it again just after having switched light off.

Hey so just a few updates. Ph has maintenance about 8.0 to 8.4

Ammonia is back up again slightly but all fish are still alive and doing well. Been doing water changes 50 -70%!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back